[D5 Render Challenge II] The Π Home - Ilias Kossyvas

:star2: About the Challenge

Theme: The Π Home
Artist: Ilias Kossyvas
Graphics Card: RTX 3070
Workflow: Sketchup + D5 Render
Post-processing: D5 effects + DaVinci Resolve
Source of assets that are not from D5 asset library: Dimensiva | Zeelproject | Sketchup warehouse | Quixel Bridge |3DSky

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Description of the work:

“For this project, I am inspired by ancient geometry, specifically Thales’s theorem. Also, I am motivated by Phythagora’s way of thinking about life, soul and the harmony of music. Furthermore, ancient Greek philosophy on rhythm of nature and value of life.

The family group who lives in “The Π home”, share the same system of values, such as love about nature, love about balanced relationships and peace of soul.

“The Π home”, is circular, like a cycle of human life.

In the center of the home, there is an Olive tree and its roots expand underground all over the place and connect with other trees. Metaphorically, people have family roots, who are our ancestors. For this reason, the patio of “The Π home”, is surrounded by ancient columns, like ionic ancient style. Also, the patio is located in the center of the home, where the family have the benefit of connecting with each other and also connecting with the Olive tree, at the same time.

The exterior design have been placed vertical wooden curved elements, which allows sunlight to penetrate through, in a calm way. The feeling of this is that you experience the natural light in the same way, when you are inside and outside of the home.

The design experience with the D5 program was enjoyable, due to the realistic appearance of the materials, the accurate lighting display and fast rendering. The combination of my architectural design and the tools of the D5, creates “The Π home”. The most interesting part of this project is that, when you are looking at the house, realize that we are in front of the renaissance of ancient civilization and the beginning of a new era of virtual reality.
Τhe distance between the past and the future has been zeroed!"

:earth_africa: Location of your scene: The Π home

:round_pushpin: Distance: 7.917,5 mil. As much as the diameter of the earth.