D5 Render Causing Blue Screen

Hello: I have a new workstation with the following specs:

ASUS 1200W THOR PLATINUM POWER SUPPLY UNIT
EK-Vardar EVO Black - Up to 4 FANS
2TB SAMSUNG 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
THERMAL GRIZZLY THERMAL COMPOUND
2TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5” SATA SSD
Microsoft® Windows® 11 Professional (64-Bit)
128GB DDR5 5600MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (4x 32GB) DIMM Memory
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6X
AIR / CLOSED LOOP / FROSTBITE COOLING: - XOTIC PC CLOSED-LOOP ICE COOLING SYSTEM FOR CPU [360MM RADIATOR
MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI
13th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-13900KS Processor
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked GPU
Redline Boosted Operating System
GX18 Torrent Z690/Z790 DDR5

The machine was bought back in March and D5 Render was working fine a few months after. I have replaced the video drivers, reinstalled Window 11 Pro and the problem persist. I was also getting TDR warnings

The computer lockup blue screen only happens in D5 Render. I also use Lumion and there are no issues.

Help.

Here is my zziplog file:

zziplog.zip (524.6 KB)

Here is the zziplog while D5 is open:

zziplog.zip (667.4 KB)

Shortly after I did the zziplog, computer blue screened.

It is recommended to download the latest BIOS file for your motherboard model from the official website of the motherboard manufacturer and perform the BIOS update. And update your Driver version.
If the problem persists, please let me know. :smiley:

Thanks for the reply. It is so hard to believe with a machine only 6 months old that I would have to update my BIOS. I did have the video drivers updated. Another issue, which I am not sure is related, that I continue to get TDR issue prompts.

Hello, well my problem persist. I did reinstall Windows 11 pro and the crashing did stop. I also change the TDR setting from 60 to 120 seconds. I can render stills at 16 k but when it comes to rendering 4K video, machine blue screens. I was able to render a 2K video.

Any thoughts? I would like to avoid updating BIOS since the computer is only 6 months old.

Thanks!

Are you getting any messages with the blue screen? If you can either write it down or take an image of it.

That’s a pretty heavy duty rig you have there. I was getting crash to desktop and it finally stopped after I turned off Turbo Mode in BIOS.

You can try Display Driver Uninstaller but that probably won’t change anything. It’s worth a shot.

I think there’s a compatibility problem with D5 and some set-ups like a memory leak.

it is recommended to turn off overclocking of CPU when using D5 Render.

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached the blue screen. I have turned off overclocking of GPU and CPU as well as updated drivers to IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. I have also install and run Fortect to clean out crashed content

When I run Blue Screen Viewer it appears that there is a constant issue with a ntoskrnl file.

Any further thoughts?

I have an appointment with Microcenter tomorrow to update the BIOS next. Again, the only program that is an issue is D5 Render. Lumion runs fine.

I can’t think of anything else for now. Usually the blue screen will show an address of what failed. I think you have to let it run its course when you get the BSD. It could be a hardware problem. If it’s only affecting D5 it’s probably a software compatibility problem.

Ok. I have had the BIOS updated and I still have the BSOD issues. I tried Lumion again
and have not had the BSOD issue, but when rendering out at high res, the program crashed but no blue screen. What is strange is that when I first had this machine I did not have any issues running D5. I have heard that there might be issues with a Windows update. I ran a Bluescreen viewer and it is saying there is an issue with ntoskrnl.exe driver

I ran a bluescreen viewer and it indicates an issue with the following drivers:

ntoskrnl.exe
HDAudBus.sys

Ok, still having BSOD issues. I think I have narrowed the issue down to the GPU driver. I am running a Nvidia RTX 4090 128. When I run the support program I get this message:

. I cant even find the
driver the prompt is saying to downgrade to they are so old.
Your system requirements say to upgrade to latest drivers:

This makes no sense.