D5 render and virtual reality (oculus quest 2)

Alright, sorry for that, it seems that the Oculus Quest 2 may not be fully compatible with D5 VR beta. We will look into this, thanks! @chris3 @tabbarakarim

1 Like

Hello! We cannot seem to find the D5 Immerse app in the oculus app (turned on the options suggested above)

Hi , I did not need to install it. It ran automatically when I invoked the VR in D5

Indeed it finally worked. Some restarts helped and it starts automatically indeed :slight_smile: the problem is that the right eye view is flickering alot - anyone experienced this ? Tried with or without steamVR, same thing happens. Cheers!

Yes Oliver mentioned above that it is not working properly with Occulus quest 2. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. The other way to do it would be kuula.co which works very well - albeit the scale is off.

Hi, sorry that some devices like Oculus quest 2 and pico neo 4 were not tested when we developed the VR beta widget (they were not released that time). This year we may optimize VR feature and let it support more types of devices.

Ok just wanted to make sure it’s not related to something that we aren’t doing right. What HMD work well / were tested for VR ? Cheers

Hi mate, yes, I think it should be optimized on our side. When that feature was released, we used oculus quest 1 and HTC vive for testing. Besides, you can try VR in 2.3 version which is a little different from 2.4. Back up your files before using 2.3.
D5 Render 2.3 Download - Get Help - D5 RENDER FORUM

Hello Olivier
I don’t understand

Is it I need to downgrade to 2.3 ?
I’m using 2.4.1.1045 and plan to upgrade asap

Or should I wait for Oculus quest 2 to be properly operational ?

Please let me know

Thank you

Hi mate, oculus quest 2 may not work for 2.3 as well, although you can give it a try. Sorry for that, we are working on improving the VR function.

Ok Oliver

I’ll wait

No pb

1 Like

Hello Oliver

Any news about an update to use Occulus quest 2 on D5 render ?
Monique60 seems to have done it …
I wrote a private message to ask her some help

Please let me know

Regards

Sorry, tabbarakarim, the next version update does not include any VR beta-related content. but we still want to develop it in the future, thank you for your support!

OKayyy Bruce

Will wait…
Sent private message to one of the members that managed to make the occulus work but got no answer …

Best regards

1 Like

Hello Bruce
Any news about VR support ?
Please let me know, at least when I can expect using.
If not I’ll have to search for something else

Regards

1 Like

Hello! Trying to link my new Quest 2 that i got for Xmas and seem to be having the same problem as others where it wont find my device but i cant find steam VR or D5 immersive to download… Is there an update on when this will be fixed for us? Thanks!

Hello, guys!
We just bought Oculus Quest 3 for the office to show our clients their homes.
I tried all the options that are described in this talk, but nothing helps to run the D5 on the glasses.

Any ideas and suggestions?

1 Like

same problem

good morning, is there any news for the meta quest 2 viewer? Has the problem been resolved?

With the 2.7 update I was able to connect the oculus quest 2 via the steamVR app and MetaQuest app. However, in addition to being viewed at terrible quality, it lags a lot and the gyroscope on the viewer does not work (however it works on the PC monitor), as if the horizon of the viewer was blocked…
Is it possible to check and resolve?
it would be very useful with customers, but if you can’t use it it’s useless…

Thank you