D5 Render 1.6.2 - Glitchy Refractions

Hey all,

Not sure if this is a glitch fo’ sure but I can’t change the outcome. (I’ve tried pretty much everything). As you can see in the image, I get weird glitchy refractions in my glazing. The glazing is shown as 10mm thick, though the same result occurs when it’s two layers of 4mm with an air gap. The only way I have been able to lose this glitch is by making it a single face (no thickness), which isn’t ideal, and I imagine not how the refraction works. This happens with the basic glass material that comes out of the box with D5. I’m using the free version.

I’ve updated graphics drivers too. If it helps, I’ve got an RTX 2070.

Sorry! Fogot to add! This artefact does disappear when turning the refraction slider to zero.

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback.
First of all, irrelevant if it’s a free version

And I’d like to ask “This happens with the basic glass material that comes out of the box with D5” what does this mean?

Heyya! Thanks for the response!

Yeah, I figured it didn’t make a huge difference being free, just wanted to give as much information, just in case :slight_smile:

What I meant sorry is that this behaviour occurs even when using the “Normal Glass” material Asset that ships with D5. Hope that clears it up!

Hi there,

May I know if the issue happens everytime in every scene you tried?
Could you please send the scene file(the whole folder saved from D5, including drs, asset, model) to us, and we’d like to reproduce the issue on our computer.
My email is minjia.huang@d5techs.com

Thank you very much