D5 render 1.6.1 weird GI calculation spots in final image

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

i’ll wait for your report sir, :smiley:

1 Like

Well, the update started but never ended, it kept on trying and going back to 0 bytes. I ended up canceling it. Now when I launch D5 there’s no update available. Weird… and sad :frowning:

As soon as it updates I’ll let you guys know about the splotches.

1.6.1.0228 update fixed it! It also seems to have reviewed the exposure value of the scenes!

Good update, thanks D5 team! :smiley:

Hi afecelis, I really like your glass setup /also the whole image is grear…just maybe try contrast color of the towel to catch the eye/, please is the model of glass with thickness? what is your glass setup? thanks

1 Like

Thanks for your comments and suggestions tomankubik, I’ll take them into account. I was thinking the same about the towels. :smiley:
The shower glass has thickness, as in real life, tempered glass for showers’ thickness usually ranges from 6mm to 1 cm. The one I got in the scene is 1 cm thick.
The material setup is the default “Normal Glass” that comes with the assets.

regards,
Alvaro

1 Like

Hi Alavaro…I have used the same technique…well honestly edges not rounded just chamfer and the thickness was 8mm / in my country we use this thicnkess for more expensive shower glass/ and also I used asset Normal Glass / I like to use assets, because I still dont feel very comfy in creating materials in D5/ and the result was absolutely different from yours…
anyway…thanks very much for response

1 Like

Hello!. Is it my vision or do I still see some bright spots like white spots?

You got a very sharp eye my friend!
That is a light bulb being reflected by the mirror and the shower glass! :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh I see now! :rofl:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: