D5 is unusable for real projects. I'm really whipped!

D5 Render Version: 1.9 (latest version)
Graphics Card: RTX 2060
Driver Version: 471.41
**Issue Description:**I have decided to use this program for a very important project.
On Friday I do some renderings to show the project to the clients, they ask me for some small changes, I approve the project and today I had the final renderings delivered.
This morning I open the file and it is unusable.
All the 3D part modeled in sketchup has disappeared, or rather it has become transparent / invisible
Many objects placed in the scene (such as trees or cars) cause the same problems. They are invisible.
All this has caused me serious damage because I was unable to deliver and also I don’t know how to fix it! if I had to do it all over again I would lose at least another day of time, which I don’t have !!
It is really frustrating to use this software !!
Ambient occlusion maps that are unusable because they generate artifacts;
Still not figured out how to put the grass on a surface efficiently (the bucket command works 1 time out of 10)
As soon as you insert 2 trees or some grass the program starts losing fps and slows down the whole PC.
It was much more stable in beta versions than it is now!
I wanted to buy the full version, but it would be a waste of money because you can only use it for some internal scene, not too big or complex 

I am truly disappointed
Screenshots/Videos Description: This is a screenshot of problem

This is the last render before the program went crazy

Steps to Reproduce (optional):

Hi antonio, very sorry for this situation, this is uncommon issue, and we would like to help you find the issue cause to recover the scene file and avoid this problem in future.

1. please check whether some models are hidden, you could check their status on the model list.
    è§Łé”
  2. Did you save the scene file on a network place(NAS)? we do not support it yet.
    Or the file path is very long? Please try moving the scene file(the whole folder) to another place(a short path) then see the result. Please back up the scene file first.
  3. Is the hard-disc where you saved the file full? Please check it as well. If the disc is full, we may meet the same issue as you met.
  4. Did you change the name of the .drs file or something else? If yes, please recover its original file name then see the result.

If the problem remains, you could send the scene file to support@d5techs.com.
We have optimized our algorithm and tried out best to avoid this kind of problem, hope you could understand us and thank you for your patience as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this problem!

Regards,
Oliver

1 Like

Sorry, have you seen my last post? We really apologize and want to help you. Any updates will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Oliver

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the replies.
I tried to follow your advice, unfortunately I have not solved.
To this day the problem still exists.
The file is on my PC desktop, the shortest path possible
I have not changed the name of the file and have never saved it to a NAS.
I often have problems when I use grass or vegetation, they put a lot of weight on the whole pc. It would be useful to have the ability to hide or show the grass using a special command.
I think the problem was due to this, the file was too heavy and has now been irreparably corrupted
I am attaching a screenshot with today’s date

it happened again. I created a new post, can you help me recover the project?

yes for sure, we will narrow down the issue cause and try our best to optimize this part. The issue you met is not common, please follow my suggestions on your new topic.

Hi Antonio
I feel your frustration, though 9 times out of 10 the problem is the user.
Can you post your model?
What are the specs of your PC? All programs nowadays are very power-hungry.

D5 gives you plenty of bangs for your buck.

1 Like

Hi, I sent the 3D model with all other required files to Oliver Jure.
I don’t think I caused the problem. At this point I think it’s a problem related to saving the scene in D5.
Because the bug happened to me 2 times, in 2 quite complex and heavy scenes, and after a longer save than usual. I believe D5 corrupted the scene while saving and on re-opening it does not load the 3D model.
In any case I have opened another post. I don’t know if it is better to continue the discussion on both or to leave the last one alone

I have been using this software from when it first started about 9 months and I tell you they have been vastly improving it quite frequently.
The amount of assets available is extraordinary. Not to mention the quality and speed of the render engine.
How about how easy the program is to use.
In other programs, you need a Ph.D. to get your head around it.

1 Like

I have been using this software perhaps longer than you. I think it’s a year or so. Since the very first version that circulated.
I agree with what you say about the rendering speed, ease of use compared to competitors.
But it seems to me that there are still some bugs that do not allow to use it as definitive software to work. In fact, I have a short deadline for that scene that has now become irreparably corrupted and I think I have to delay the delivery because I am forced to do it all over again.

I think you were too harsh titling the post " D5 is unusable for real projects".
Also, the support on the forum is Excellent.
In most other forums, you struggle to get a reply.
I’m sure now you will hit the save button more frequently.
Good Luck with recovering your scene.

1 Like

Hello there

I agree that the title is unfair for what D5 render is capable of. I also use the software since version 1.3 and never had problems in several projects importing scenes from Sketchup. I have two perpetual licenses on two different workstations.

I am not saying that you do not have the problems you say, but it is always advisable to save several versions of the file that one is creating as a backup, I learned it the worst after 20 years with 3d studio max, maya, Lumion, revit, etc.

A software as new as D5, for its cheapness, for the quality and the newness it offers, I think that if it is prepared for real projects, I have all the previous legal software and I choose to use D5 render, but depending more on professional experience than on the capabilities of 3d software.

Just saying
José

2 Likes

Unfortunately it has happened 2 times already. From now on I will make backups of the pending files that fix this very serious bug

Hi Antonio

I have noticed that you do not work with the pro version, or it is not indicated in your user logo, I would have to ask if that would make any difference in your problem.

The other thing that I would try, is to create a new account and free version of D5 render with another email and I would test the file in that other version, in case there is something wrong in loading your version of the program.
Also if you have another computer in your home or work I would test if the problem is reproduced.

It is very unusual what happens to you and there are five possible factors.

The D5 software
The Computer
The version and account loaded
Video card and driver (always last)
The Sktech Up version (I recommend SU 2018)

It’s what I would do,
hope it helps

José

1 Like

I don’t use the pro version.
Also I don’t have another PC on which to try to install the software.
Video card and driver are reported at the beginning of both this post and the other.
I use Sketchup 2020, but I save 2013 or 2014 models
As for the email I will try to create a new account
Thanks for the recommendations.
Antonio