D5 crashes before the render hits 100% in 8k resolution

D5 Render Version: D5 v2.7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX4070
Driver Version: 31.0.15.5222

Issue Description:

I was attempting to render a product in 8k, but the process consistently crashes before completion. Sometimes there’s an “out of memory” pop-up, other times it crashes abruptly without any warning. Rendering in 8k usually works fine, even with other applications running, but now it’s behaving differently. I’ve updated my drivers, which initially seemed to solve the issue, but it crashed again on the second attempt. I’m at a loss for what to do next.

Hello,
Sorry for the issue. If your dedicated GPU memory usage has reached 80% and above, the core advantage of the graphics card has decreased and will be in an unstable state; at this time, D5 may lag or render slower, and there may be pop-ups reporting errors or flashbacks. Please check this figure when you output 8k resolution images. :saluting_face:

It’s consistently 3.2 out of 8.0GB dedicated GPU memory usage throughout rendering (which is below 80% capacity). However, after every two renders, it crashes, even with just 6k resolution. This is the first time I’ve experienced this problem. What should I do?

Hello.

If the issue persists, please let me know. :pray:

Hi Leah,

• Yup, I encountered this issue just a few days after the 2.7 update. And it’s not just one scene, it still crashes. Regarding the demo scene, I’ll try it out later. For my VRAM, it says 84.41%, and for RAM, it’s at 77.19%.

• I’ll try the clean installation of the graphics card driver later. Thanks for the steps you provided.

• I have no idea what my power supply wattage is. I just can’t understand why a small scene would crash at 6k to 8k resolution.

1 Like

Okay, you can try to perform a clean installation of your graphics card driver and tell me the results.