D5 2.0 Wont Start

**D5 Render Version: 2.0
**Graphics Card: RTX 2070 Super (Two Cards in SLI)
**Driver Version: 496.76
**Issue Description: D5 wont start
**Screenshots/Videos Description:

**Steps to Reproduce (optional): Only starts once the computer starts but if I close and restart D5 it freezes with no window showing.

1 Like

i have the same problem, have you found a solution?

Nope nothing yet. I’m basically not able to use the software completely because it wont start.

Hello, do you run any GPU/CPU overclocking settings after you start your computer? Also, I noticed you use two cards, the other one is Titan series?

Please make sure you run D5 Render with RTX2070( in Nvidia control panel settings)
If the problem remains, please send me two folders that contain logs file:

1. A folder called logs, in the installation directory of D5 2.0
  2. A folder called Saved, in C:/Users/your account/AppData/local/d5_immerse

Hi @Oliver.J ,

I’m using two RTX 2070 Super cards in SLI. And problem is still the same.
d5_immerse.zip (31.1 KB)
logs.zip (341.1 KB)

Anyone with a solution out there?
I have a deadline to meet…not good from D5.

Hello, you met the same error as the posted image?

1. if you can launch D5 Render but cannot open any scene file, please tell me whether you are using two screens. If yes, please make sure the two screens are in their original sizes, also, your monitors should link to the Graphic cards, not the CPU.
    And the two monitors need to be consistent horizontally:
    or

1. Please tell me your hardware specs and video driver version.

If the problem remains, please send me two folders having logs for troubleshooting:

we will check them asap

ok, I will let tech team check your logs then.

Still doesn’t work…
I am using a laptop with a RTX3060 + running it with a monitor.
Driverversion 462.70.
The monitors are horizontal as shown on your image 1.
Saved-folder in d5_immerse &
Saved.zip (192.2 KB)
the logs have been uploaded.
logs.zip (1.9 MB)

Hello, the video driver 462 is a little outdated, it lacks some new techs. Please upgrade to latest versions(game ready 471.68 or 493/496 are recommended)
Download Drivers | NVIDIA
Besides, you can try disconnecting the monitor, just open D5 Render on your laptop, then see the result.

grafik
I figuered out that the laptop needs to be assigned monitor 1 meaning the laptop needs to be left from the monitor in order to launch d5 render…
will try to install latest driver, too.
Thanks for the help.

btw. why is the assett button greyed? I also having trouble with the pulldown menu…doens’t work all the time.
very buggy still…

Hello,

1. About the Assets button greyed issue, it is because you are in Photo mode(render mode):

turn it off then the problem will be solved.
2. About the monitor issue. The cause is you are using a laptop, so if you link a monitor to it, the monitor may use integrated graphics. To use D5 Render, we need to make sure monitors are inserted into GPUs. If that does not match your scenario, please let me know. I think Nvidia control panel has settings to control it.

Thanks for your really appreciated help.

1 Like

@Oliver.J any update on the issue? My d5 is still the same.

Hi, I have consulted the tech team, please deactivate SLI for D5 Render, then try again and see the result. You can find the setting in Nvidia control panel.
If the problem remains, please send me these two folders again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Turning off the SLI worked!!. But its unfortunate that presence of a second card is an issue for the software.

1 Like

Glad to hear it, we may support SLI in the future.

Hello I’m Having the same issue, when using both monitors D5 sometimes won’t start, and if it starts, freezes a few minutes later… then I just disconnect second monitor, run d5 and connect the second monitor again and it works, what would be the solution for this, I have updated drivers
Saved.zip (1.8 MB)

Hello, are you using a laptop? Also, is your monitor linked to the motherboard, or the GPU?
Please make sure the two monitors are horizontally aligned, then delete a file called “usr” in D5 Render installation folder-> usr
Or you could share with us a screenshot of this page(Windows10 display settings):