D.5 2.4 Update unable to open existing files

D5 Render Version: 2.4

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU

Issue Description: I updated D5 yesterday to 2.4 and at first it says to update assets which I did as plants would appear as white boxes. Once these have been updated and ‘done’ has been selected, the white boxes remain and a notification pops up saying: ‘Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource. Make sure your video card has the minimum required memory, try lowering the resolution and/or closing other applications that are running. Exiting…’

The files were able to open just before I updated. I have re-downloaded the old version of D5 2.2.1 and these files get stuck at 9% and do not open.

It also said I needed to update the driver which I did to NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 528.49.

Hi mate, sorry to hear that you ran into the problem. It seems the new assets consume more resources leading to the out-of-usage problem. Please try closing other software then open the scene again.
If the problem persists, you can revert back to 2.3 via this link:
D5 Render 2.3 Download - Get Help - D5 RENDER FORUM

Do not save the file in 2.4, otherwise it will no longer be able to open in previous versions.

Besides, can you send this scene file to support@d5techs.com? We will do some tests to check why it consumes more resources. If your laptop’s Ram is 16 GB, please upgrade it to 32GB for better performance.

Same problem here,after updating new version i cant open out of video memory or merge data because now have different version.
You can try edit file .save “fileVersion”: 16, or else depend on d5 version(mine 2.5),located in asset folder where your data saved.
Create new file,put any object,save and merge your old crashed data into new file.

It works for me,and of course with a lot of effort,times,wasted GB space,cycling edit-convert-merge from beginning.

1 Like