Crashing

Hello I am working on a new exterior project created with version 2.4.
My system configuration seems to have enough capacity.
D5 has crashed many times since the 2.4 update and I have lost working hours for several times.
2.3 had never crashed before.
Is the any solution?

Intel(R) Core™ i9-12900KS
RAM 132 GB
WINDOWS 11 Pro
**D5 Render Version:**2.4
**Graphics Card:**3090 ti
**Driver Version:**531.18
**Issue Description:**crashing
Screenshots/Videos Description:
Steps to Reproduce (optional):

1 Like

I think I will try to run fresh 2.4 installation. Maybe it solves the crashing issue. The crashes happen to all projects with version 2.4.

same here, never happened this with 2.3 version

Good morning. I tried a fresh installation of version 2.4 but this did not fix the issue. After 1 minute the program crashes.
Now I am setting everything up from scratch with version 2.3 and so far I have not experienced a crash.
I am modelling with archicad 24.
I hope for some support with version 2.4. I have migrated other projects too to version 2.4 and if I have to make changes I will not be able.
Thank you.

It might be related to The driver version you installed , try to downgrade for stable one like 517.48

I had crashes with older drivers, before updating. For this reason I did the update to version 531.18.
Thanks a lot.

Hi mate, do you export .skp files then import into D5, or use D5 Converter for Archicad to sync the model into D5 2.4?

Also, please run the D5 Support Tool to collect a log file then send it to us. (support@d5techs.com)
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

Hello,
I use the D5 Converter for Archicad to sync the model into D5 2.4.
I sent the log file to support@d5techs.com.
Thank you.

Hi mate, it can be the problem. Please install the old version of D5 converter then try again, or export .skp from Archicad then open it in D5 as a workaround. We are looking into this problem. If possible, you can also send the scene file to support@d5techs.com to help us troubleshoot.

Hi Oliver, i did not install a new version of D5 converter. I am still using the same archicad converter.
Because my projects are changing frequently, I need the direct link from archicad to D5 and so the SKP workaround is not a good option for me. I have sent the scene to support@d5techs.com.
Thank you.

Hey,

I have same problems, but im thinking we have same graphic card.
Maybe this new version doesnt like 3090TI.
I just finish one project my laptop and there is inside rtx 3070 and 2.4 version working very well there.