Crash to Desktop Update

I finally narrowed it down to Turbo Mode in the Asus bios for my Z590-E motherboard. Not to be confused with Intel Turbo Boost Max.

I updated my bios last night and it turned it back on and D5 blinked again and had a CTD. Went back and turned it off and it was back to normal.

Turbo Mode is a fast one-click CPU overclocking.

My question to D5 tech is if this can be fixed in D5 to accommodate those using Turbo Mode or wanting to use Turbo Mode.

If you’re having CTD’s you might want ot look into your bios to see if you have Turbo Mode turned on and then turning it off and see if that stops your CTD’s.

MOBO: ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 2001, 9/21/2023
CPU: Intel i9 10900K

Hello! Currently overclocking while using the D5 can indeed cause various problems, also including crashes. I would recommend that you not enable Turbo Mode. In the meantime, I’ll feedback your need for Turbo Mode. Also, you can leave your suggestions in the forum. Latest Ideas & Requests topics - D5 RENDER FORUM

Starting to get a crash to desktop again after the last hot fix update. Two so far since yesterday. This is with what Turbo Mode off which I thought fixed this problem.

Second crash again this morning. I thought I had this all fixed. Getting tired of this.

Sorry for your problem. Could you please send your log file to us? We will check them. D5 Support Tool - Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM You can refer to this post to collect your log.

I turned off XMPII in BIOS. Strange thing is that it was working fine for a week with XMPII on and then I downloaded a sample D5 file and it started acting weird.

Sorry for this, could you describe the weird acting? Maybe a screenshot?

What is the RAM frequency now? :saluting_face: If you use some new GPUs, you can try upgrading to Win11 to check whether it is more stable.

Regards,
Oliver

It’s running at 2133 mhz. 4 sticks of G.SKILL Trident Z Neo Series 16GB or a total of 64 GB. I’m thinking about eventually getting an Asus RTX 4080. Right now I barely do any videos other than for practice. The RTX 3060 I have now runs fine with D5 since rendering on D5 is pretty fast.