Cars reflection looks off

Hello , I noticed recently that the car material is so shiny and the reflection is so unrealistic
it doesn’t look like a clear coat paint , its like it has a roughness map applied to it.

I hope you guys fix it asap

here are some examples

the car on the left is a car that I imported and applied custom materials to it , the one on the right is a car from the asset library

here is another shot

Look at how the cars reflect allot of white color and the reflection is making them look like they have mirror material

Hello. Are you currently using version 2.8 of the software? Are these car models of yours library models or externally imported?
BTW, you can check your roughness settings for these materials and it is recommended to give the roughness a value and not set it to 0.

1 Like

Hi. yes I’m using 2.8
all the cars are from the asset library and not imported , the only one that i imported is the one on the left in the first image and it is the only one that looks natural because i made all the materials for it
the problem is that I cant make any changes to the car materials from the assets library
so i cant change roughness for them

Thanks for more details. We will check this issue. BTW,are all your images are rendering images or some of them are preview?
Also, is it convenient for you to show us your system info?

1 Like

thanks for your fast response :heart:
both images are rendered on 4k

here are my pc specs

my 3060 is the 12GB version btw

I am very sorry for your problem. I tested the car models in the library on my computer, but it didn’t reproduce the problem. Maybe you can send us your scene file if you are willing. :pray:
You can share a link here or send your file to our email. (support@d5techs.com, please describe the problem and attach the link of this post to your mail)