Car Headlights and glass not reflecting correctly. Some car tyres over exposed

D5 Render Version: Latest
Graphics Card: RTX 2070 Super
Driver Version: Latest
Car headlights and car glass not reflecting correctly. Reflecting as white luminance.
I can import my own vehicles and assign “basic glass” and all reflect fine.

Also **

** D5 car tyres are ok, others have too much specular (or something else) and appear white.

Please advise if this is an issue or how to fix.
Thank you

Thank you for feedback and the team will look into it.

Is there any solution to this problem? Can the online car library be updated to fix this problem?

To me, this is a major drawback for any movie file production.
Basically, D5 render cars are unusable and therefore so is D5 render as a whole.

Hello Gtimagesau, thanks for your feedback, and we also identified the problem. About the car tyres, some of them look white because they have textures which are affected by the exposure. You can try adjusting exposure and sunlight intensity lower then see the result.
About the car lights in the glass reflection, we need to fix some settings for glass reflection.
Sorry that the above two fixes or optimization cannot be updated directly, and they need to come out with new version (D5 2.2), which will start beta testing soon.

Thanks Oliver,
Yes, with the car tyres it is a common problem in other software as well. Except it does not affect all car tyres in D5. Some models are ok, some have overexposure problems. However, a global exposure change will not fix this.
The glass on the car models not reflecting correctly has pretty much bought us to a standstill using D5. It is a shame for us as it was looking like a software package that was going to solve a lot of expectations.
I am not understanding why the car models cannot be fixed as an interim. But I understand why you need to make adjustments for all reflections at the same time.

D5 is looking like a very good solution but I feel we need to wait for updates before putting it out to our clients.
All the best and I look forward to keeping in touch.

1 Like

Thank you, this year our development and updates will become more stable and fast :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Oliver,
I see, and am disappointed that the car headlight and tail light reflections have not been fixed in the new release.
This is a major drawback for D5 render and makes it unusable as an option for us to render animated files. It makes camera animated movie files look very amateur and therefore D5 will not be our choice of renderer.
I was under the impression you were addressing this for this release.
D5 Render Car lights

Hello, this problem will be fixed in the coming Preview version, could you join our Discord server?
I think the next fix will come out soon.

Besides, the tyres of cars are already fixed, hope you do not miss that.