BLURRY RENDERS - lower quality than the preview

D5 1.8.1:
Nvidia RTX 2080 MAX-Q:
driver 461.92 - 03.16.2021:
BLURRY RENDERS - lower quality than the preview :

:

Hi! Did you encounter before the problem with blurry renders? I render in 2k resolution and the result is like the picture attached. I saw other renders done in D5 and they are sharp. Do I have someting wrong with my render settings? Or is it something wrong with my graphic card settings?
I run a laptop Intel core i7-9750H 2.6GH,
32GB ram,
Nvidia RTX 2080 MAX-Q

Hi
No, I do not think so. Your graphics card is great. Don’t worry about it.

Most designers who work with rendering want to have everything even more perfect. Some rendering programs have an integrated editing program and can make such images.
The others use Photoshop, Affinity Photo or Luminar AI etc.
I edit with Affinity Photo or Luminar AI.
For your picture I invested about 5 seconds with Luminar. You can already see a small difference. This makes it easier for me to correct some errors and save myself long rendering times.

I think we all cook with water only.

Take the 6K rerender test

Because in 2K the resolution is not very good

Choose good funds at HDRIs • Poly Haven

And always do a post production in Photoshop

1 Like

hi, I am facing this issue while rendering video. output in mp4 seems to be blurry compare to what i see in preview window at 1080 - 1920. when i render png sequence there is a little difference. I tried sharpening in after effects but doesnt give the desired effect. i think you guys need to work on this cause this is a big issue. Please let me know if there is any other way through which i can achieve better qulity while rendering videos. i cant go beyond 2k to render videos cause it’ll increase render time drastically.

Hi mate, did you compare the mp4 output with the other format? All of them are blurry or only the mp4 format? Is your D5 version 2.5? did you open SR settings? Please tell us more details about this problem, we will help you troubleshoot it.

MP4 is a standard format we usually provide to clients. Apart from MP4, I haven’t reviewed other formats, so I can’t elaborate on the differences. In general, there appears to be a lack of quality in D5. Consequently, the renders seem less sharp, even though we notice sharpness and better quality in the previews. The sharpness is not apparent in the renders and animations, impacting the quality of our 3D renderings. I propose that implementing path tracing could resolve this issue. Hopefully, we can integrate path tracing soon. The D5 render team is diligently working to enhance D5 render. However, I recommend prioritizing work on render quality and library assets that are beneficial for architectural visualization.