Archicad snow on vertical surface

D5 Render Version: 2.3.2.0929
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
Converter Version:0.5.2

Hi,

I seem to have an error with the display of snow in Archicad 25. Certain facades have snow on them while others with the same material and parameters don’t. This behavior seems to change with different materials applied.

Could you please send us the Archicad model file and the D5 scene file for test (rubyliu1107@gmail.com)? We will check why snow does not show on some facades.

Hi! The related colleague will check this issue. We guess it has something to do with the orientation of the facades. Could you please also check the UV of the walls which have the snow puddle and which do not? When you move the camera very closer to the wall, you will see that both the two facades have snow puddles, but the puddles on the right facade are not obvious. You can turn off Precipitation and then turn it on to check the differences.

Good day! Have you tried what I mentioned before? Was this issue resolved? This issue is mainly related to the UV of the walls. As a workaround, you can also apply other materials to it.

Hi Ruby,

Thank you for looking into this. I didn’t manage to resolve the issue for this material. The issue does go away when another material is applied. I’ll have to look into what is wrong with the applied material itself.

Thanks for the update! Yes, you can check the material itself first. If you figure it out, you are welcome to share it with me. :blush: