AI Enhancer slow

Hi,

I tried the “AI Anhancer”. It works very well and makes great improvements. Especially when it comes to the people in the visualizations. First, the status bar of the calculation runs from 0% to 100%. That’s still pretty quick. But when it reaches 100%, the image builds up from top to bottom, line by line. And that’s extremely slow. At 4k, it takes at least 30 minutes or more. Is that normal? My graphics card runs at about 50% power.

Maybe you could enhance all the textures of the characters in the library with AI so that they don’t look so artificial? That would certainly be a big help.

best regards

Hello, AI Enhancer lag or slow speed is usually related to the user’s network. You can check your network speed, with a slow network, rendering may be slow. If you feel that the AI Enhancer is too slow, try restarting your router.

Hi LunaLang,

Thank you for your answer. I tested the AI ​​Enhancer in the office today.
The AI ​​image calculation took 5:31 minutes for a 4k image. That’s OK. In the second step, the download took 16:31 minutes. Is the image really just downloaded here? No more AI calculation?
I also tested the network speed. Our connection in the office is not slow. Downloading an image should only take a few seconds.

Thanks for these detail information. I suggest you can send us your logs and we will check why this issue happened.

Hello,

Saving the image also takes ages for me, despite fibre optics.

Here is my internet connection data:

• Download: 265 Mbit/s
  • Upload: 45 Mbit/s
  • Latency: 6 ms

Ai Enhancer times at 4K:

• Calculate image: 18.20 minutes
  • Save: 13.10 minutes
  • Graphics card: RTX 3090
    (Waiting for the RTX 5090 )

No VPN

I can’t imagine that the time it takes to save an image is due to my internet connection.

Is still beta, hope for improvement when beta is over.

Bye
Andreas

I also did my first test with this feature today, the result was good but took much longer than Krea does for the same service. I think I will wait an update or two before I use it again. It’s an excellent idea and I’m sure it will get much better very quickly based on what I’ve seen of the D5 team so far.

1 Like

Hello! Thanks so much for your feedback! This would help us improve the AI enhancer feature.
If it is convenient, I suggest you can send us your log file and tell me the time point you enhance your image.
This post shows how to collect logs. D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM
You can share a link here or send your log to our email. (support@d5techs.com, please describe the problem and attach the link of this post to your mail)

We love the feature and mainly are only using it on the people that are facing the camera. So its not the entire image but it takes 5 minutes which is 5x longer than it takes to render the entire image in 4k initially. We have a fast office internet so its not connection speed.

Love the idea and keep up the great work innovating, just needs some tweaking

1 Like

Thanks for your support and advice. :smiley:

I have the same issue for the AI enhancer lag, so i think you must check again for this feature because we want to try this but the feature is very very slow.
i used the photoshop AI instead of this to enhance characters .

I have to agree the enhancer is very slow. Trying to use the “Specified Partition” is it’s been well over 20 minutes waiting for the UI to load.

The AI Enhancer UI is locked trying to load. I can close the window to keep working but cannot use this tool.

1 Like

hi, i have same problem,it took 4 minutes 32 seconds to enhance the 4k render, but it took 18 minutes to download, I tried it in different projects, there is a problem with the download, and definitely not related to your connection speed,
I don’t know if deleting and reinstalling the program will help, I’m not sure if deleting and reinstalling will delete our local files

Sorry for this. These types of problems are usually caused by the network, not just because of the speed of the network, but maybe because of the server. We will try to optimize it.

same here, enhancement is doing pretty fast but downloading the result takes ages. here is my network speed:

where can i find the log to send?

Hello @andreymd87 you can scan this guide here

thank you

1 Like

Hi Same issue here. In the office, I have fiber optics and Rtx4090. very slow. Then I go home where I have a broadband connection and RTX3090. At home, AI works perfectly fine. Someone suggested changing the office IP from PPPoE to Dynamic. But I checked and it already set to Dynamic. So what other network settings do we depend on?

Hello, @coralstudio

We have to check your file kindly DM me and send it over, please. You can send your log files as well. Refer to this guide

Thank you