2 files wont open stuck at 39% after d5 render crash

Hello Guys,
Been working on this 2 projects, heavy files, this morning PC crashed after turning graphics to “Smooth”. Afterwards turned pc and trying to open d5 it would prompt something like “reinstall d5 in this computer” or something like that.

reinstalled d5, it will open normally but when im trying to open one of the heavy files for my project it will get stuck at 39% then it will go up to 49% and subsequently crash.

¿what can i do?

Hi, can you tell how big the graphics file of your project is in MB or GB? Because you can solve the problem only by attaching (remove large items) the graphic file and synchronizing it with the D5 project without changing the name of the graphic file, otherwise you will lose the settings made previously.
So the objects that you put in that maybe are heavy you can add them as objects in D5. But that’s an assumption I make because I don’t know your situation well.
Then there is a second hypothesis: grass mappings that can make the files lighter, instead of inserting the grass in 3D. I usually use grass mapping, it depends on what you have to render, then if you put too many trees the problem is the same, you have to use forest backgrounds and some 3D trees, all this to avoid making the D5 files heavier, which then always depends on the PC capacity.
I hope I have opened your mind with these tips for working.
Sorry for the English, I use the translator

1 Like

Thank you!!!

I dont quite undestand how i can remove the large items without affecting the file. Just delete assets?

The folder is 2.13 GB.

I am indeed using too many trees and too much grass!

Visually I don’t know your project as done. But what I can say is if you have 3D objects in the graphics files, which perhaps have a weight, you can put a LAYER on them and TURN IT OFF, so when you synchronize the files it is lighter.

Then you can also import these resources that you used in the graphics into D5 individually, it always depends on the format of the resources you use in your project. When you load them into D5 it doesn’t suffer from their heaviness.

I undestarnd. The problem is my file is crashing. I have 2 big files and both are crashing but other files will open normally.

zziplog.zip (3.7 MB)

Collected this from one of the projects using support tool.

I also downloaded the 3GB example scene and its working perfectly. Apparently just those 2 files got corrupted. I dont know if it has to do with the workspace or google drive.

Link to download one of the projects.

Hi, I’m in ITALY, I saw that you posted your project with Google Drive to understand if my D5 opens it, but I tell you that I can’t because of the time here, it’s 10:00 pm, and then it’s not I know if my laptop which is a 16G GTX 1070 opens it.
I saw that you went to see an old conversation with a User who had a similar problem in D5 version 2.4, but I don’t know if it was the same problem.
I will let you know :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, I tried to open it, everything seemed normal, but when it reached 49% it turned off, without any message. Then I went to the BackUp folder, where there are the folders of 3 saving periods of February 21st, taking the Files Back changing the .drs extension but it happened that they also stopped at 49%. So the Files and BackUps are disgraced.
Sorry about the lost work, but you have the chart you can use, you just have to start over with D5.
Or, maybe one of the D5 team knows how to fix the problem.
Courage, give yourself strength that one way or another you will make your project come true.:smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

Really thank you for your files. We will check them.
You can try open your files as administrator first.

Thanks for trying man!!! I hope I can find a fix. Thank you!

Hello!!! Triend that, updated drivers, installed old driver afterwards to see if it was latest driver, reinstalled d5 render. It seems to be an issue with the 2 files i was working on lately. I dont understand how they got damaged.

I just tried to open your file. I can open it normally on my side. We are checking your logs. If you are currently prompted to update your driver, you can change to the latest driver and try to your file again.

Hi LunaLang, I tried last night with the Driver update, everything was fine at 39% it took a few minutes to proceed, at 49% it closed both the original files and those in the BackUp folder.
I ask you a question, why is there no recovery of a corrupted file? That is, a button that sees the file and repairs it, like in some graphics programs.
Or there is, and I didn’t notice!
Thank you for everything, for the effort you put in, to the whole D5 team. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I opened the file successfully. Does it show normal?

We also provide the history verison in “File” menu.

YOU ARE GREAT :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

And for the button that can repair the file. We do not have this now. But I also think this is a good idea. Maybe you can share your idea in the “idea& request” channel in the forum.

1 Like

Hello Luna! How can i open this file myself?

How can i fix them luna? I also have this file which has the same issue. Both got corrupted at the same time.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19aTRa3HJML1W_2oaR2Q8AjZuna2jWWJa?usp=sharing