1080p Clips Look Blurry

D5 Render Version: 2.4.2

Graphics Card: 3060 Ti

Driver Version: Latest

Issue Description: Hello, I’m getting significantly lower-quality renders when exporting clips at 1080p vs 4K. I know that higher resolutions equate to higher quality but I’m on a tight schedule for my project. I just don’t get why rendering in 1080p results in blurry and unusable clips. Please see attached screenshots for reference. Thanks

Screenshots/Videos Description:
1080p

The preview in the viewport also looks much sharper than the 1080p clip I rendered

These are test renders btw. I also tried rendering with super sampling turned off but the clip still looked blurry at 1080p and there were also clipping issues on one of the buildings in my model. Please see the screenshot below.

Hi mate, is your display 1080 2K or 4k? it may be related to the display resolution.

1080p looks blurry definitely compared with 4k. But sometimes it can also be affected by the lighting conditions. The dark area looks blurry compared with the bright area. you can try to adjust the lighting to make sure every object you want to show is in a good light.

hi, I am facing this issue while rendering video. output in mp4 seems to be blurry compare to what i see in preview window at 1080 - 1920. when i render png sequence there is a little difference. I tried sharpening in after effects but doesnt give the desired effect. i think you guys need to work on this cause this is a big issue. Please let me know if there is any other way through which i can achieve better qulity while rendering videos. i cant go beyond 2k to render videos cause it’ll increase render time drastically.

Hi mate, did you compare the mp4 output with the other format? All of them are blurry or only the mp4 format?

1 Like