Vote|What Virtual Reality devices do you use?

I am still using Lumion Pro 11.5. I wasn’t overly impressed with the Lumion 12 release so I have started looking at other options, namely D5 and Blender. I am currently doing an interior render comparison D vs L… But I am still learning D5 so a bit tricky getting a fair comparison for now. Looks promising though. I think Lumion is good for exteriors/landscapes but I have always had difficulties rendering quality interiors…

The map addition sounds great in L. I’m sure that will add another level of quality. And other feature sound good. Color accuracy in L is the best. I’m still on the fence about the purchase. It has nothing to do with $. Just trying to be smart. When L has ray tracing look out. All those jumping off the L train will be right back on. L is solid.

Are you referring to the OpenStreetMap tool? That’s very useful for larger exterior scenes. Lumion has a lot going for it, I just wish they would publish a roadmap like D5 so we know what features are coming. Would love L to have ray tracing but not sure if that is in development…

Material maps.

In prior versions I found the open street map to fake. Just a bunch of boxes. Change color/height. Etc.

Rtx has to be in store for Lumion 13.

I agree about the roadmap. If we new for sure it was coming then it just makes logical sense staying with the current version(buying each new release). Because it just costs more to catch back up to the newest version.

Exactly. If v13 is going to be worth the wait then I would upgrade to 12 now and make the most of the new features in the meantime. I feel like the Lumion devs are mainly marketing to architects rather than archviz professionals… which is fine if that’s their market, but it would be good to know now where they are heading in future so we can make an informed decision.

does oculus quest 2 work with the new version of the program? if so, how can I make it work?

Yes it works, just link your device to Oculus app, then open D5 Render( you need to turn on VR feature in advance)
We will prepare a tutorial tomorrow, thanks for your patience!

1 Like

:partying_face:

Will it be in youtube?

Yes, but it will be in the forum in article format first.

hello sir, i’m using oculus quest 2 for VR in D5 render. but it seems that the quality in VR goggles does not match the quality in my monitor. how may i improve the quality for my preview in the VR goggle hence the quality of my vr experience? Should i upgrade my graphic card? i’m using nvidia geforce rtx 2060 super. and its a bit lag here and there, should i add more RAM ? now i’m using 16gb ram. or is it because the VR feature for D5 is still under beta ? if that the cause, then should i just wait until the VR feature is finalize ? Thank you sir.

Hello, in VR beta we do not have reflection yet, so I think your device is not the cause…Besides, too many light objects may make the scene laggy in VR. Please wait for our development :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Oh i see, alright then. definitely i will wait for the development from D5 team. :blush: thank you mr oliver

1 Like

and one more thing mr oliver, personally do you think the amount of graphic and RAM that i’m using right now will support the use of VR in D5 ? i mean with the lighting and reflection and all after the beta. Thank you

1 Like

Hello, IMO, 16gb may be not enough for very complex scenes. I use 16gb and 3060, and it can run VR mode for the two demo scenes(living room and city view) with no problem.

1 Like

i see i see… i’m going to upgrade my ram to 24gb… but like i’ve stated my graphic is rtx 2060 super, that is 8gb. in your experience sir, will it be okay if i pair my rtx 2060 8gb graphic and 24gb ram ?

IMO it is OK to pair 2060 with 24gb, and it is suggested not to run overclock settings for them.

1 Like

Thank you sir ! Cant wait for the official release of D5 vr widget.

Hello sir, is there by any chance D5 vr will make a boundary or vr floor area / region, which the vr pointer can only move within the region of the floor area. I’m using vr for a small apartment design, and it occurs to me many time that suddenly the vr viewport moved out of the built area and went on the infinite plane outside the built area.

Thanks, I will share this idea with the product team, I think it is a useful function :+1:

1 Like