Video Clips Disappearing in Render Mode

Video Clips Disappearing in Render Mode:
One of the most pressing issues I’ve encountered is related to video clips in render mode. When I attempt to cancel render mode to make material or object changes, any adjustments I’ve made to the video clips are inexplicably erased. While I’ve attempted to save the file before exiting render mode or changing clip names, this solution is inconsistent. This unpredictable behavior has severely disrupted our workflow and, in some instances, rendered it impossible to make necessary changes to the project without losing all previously crafted video clips.

Hi, @bilal-makkieh,

Please tell me the version of D5 Render.
Do you mean when you are rendering videos, all operations to clips won’t be kept? Hope I didn‘t misunderstand you.
If you could provide a brief video of this issue that will be really helpful for us to track.

Hi, if you don’t cancel the rendering and complete the video normally, will your clips still disappear? Is this problem of yours happening in any scene?

We will update D5 2.6 today, so maybe you can try to update your software and check if this problem still exists. Also, please send us your logs and we will try to find the cause of the problem. D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

If you email us, please attach the link of this post in your email.

is your file stored on a network place? The video clip data was saved in a file called videoinfo.json, in D5 Render project files. Please make sure the file can be edited with no problem.

Firstly, Thank you for responding
The problem I discussed doesn’t always happen, and that in itself is very tiring. because I’m always checking to see if the problem is present.
and sometimes you get very deep into editing and fine-tuning the videos and you feel paralyzed and are afraid to go back to the normal mode because the videos might disappear, and sometimes they actually do.
Here is a link to the video replicating what is happening

here is the logs
zziplog.zip

I am using a network, primarily because the file path and name can’t be changed without risking losing the model or resetting the materials if I want to use synch which is another serious problem that I mentioned in another post.

Not related to rendering
just going back to the normal mode after adding and editing video clips makes those changes disappear. not always though as I explained above