Versions of same saved project taking too much disc space

Hello, Suppose I am working on a project named ‘A’ and i got 3 different versions of it, called A 1, A 2, and A 3. Suppose these files have 3 levels of work with slight/minor changes. Also I saved them 3 times because I do not want to risk files. Issue is, if A1 is sized 2GB, all three files combined sum up to about 6-7GBs which is little too much for minor change. What can be done in such scenarios. Is there any workaround like premiere pro, where the assets for each version do not take so much space each time I save a new version? Thank you in advance.

I have slight changes in models and assets that

Hi masumonline
It’s a problem that I understand well, I had it in the past when I saw the disk on my laptop filling up. The architectural system that D5 uses with textures is made in such a way that every time you save, after a modification you want to keep the original Files, you rename it, creating other Giga and folders. This way of saving, with a new name, only fills up space on the PC. I have found a different way to use the synchronization system, that is, I use the same files of the ‘Archicad graphics program that I use’ which I do not rename when I make changes, if synchronization from the old to the new does not occur, then I change a table a sofa a texture a position of a wall using the Layers, by turning off and on both the position of the object or of all the original furniture and textures, I put each one on layers, with an appropriate name. Then I replace it with the modified one, putting it on layer, once this is done with synchronization I will have the same D5 files which will have a slightly increased size and the same as that of the graphics.
This way I solved it to have space on my laptop, until D5 finds a way to have small files.
I hope this way of working helps you.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the detailed answer mate. Yes, at this point Layers seems to be the only way available. I hope d5 team makes some improvement on this aspect. Much regards.

1 Like

Hi, masumonline, we have already considered it and will have a way to reduce the size of files, please stay tuned.

2 Likes