Unusual reflections

So I cleaned up my Revit model and uploaded the lasted version of D5.

Countertop2

I think the issue is from four shiny surfaces – the counter, the backsplash, the shiny metal bar under the backsplash and the appliance wall.

Any advice?

Also:

Hi jeffrey, this problem is due to the model is too far away from the origin point in D5. Please try moving the object to 0,0,0, then check the result.
We are going to fix this issue in the coming 2.3. Or you could send this scene file to me for testing and further troubleshooting.

Regards,
Oliver

That did help the issues around the sink, where I’d been getting jagged reflections, but the circled area is still reflecting the counter as if it were glowing white:

And no change to the counter at the window:

Countertop5

Hi Jeffrey,
This is a known issue we will fix in the coming D5 2.3. It is due to the object too far away from the origin point in D5 Render. As a workaround, you can also move the model to 0,0,0 then check whether the lines disappear.

Both of the above images were rendered after moving the model to 0,0. Now that I think about it the Z coordinate was not changed to 0.

So I placed the Revit model at 0,0,0 and this is what I got:

I think the issue is that the backsplash is reflecting the counter reflection but somehow not the counter material. When I change the roughness setting, I get this:

2 Likes

Took a break from D5 Render for a year and it looks like continued development has fixed my reflection issues!