Unable to use D5 with network server (files open blank)

As the title suggests, our company is unable to save our projects to our network server that we currently use for all of our data. It seems that when we create a new D5 project and save to our network server, when we open the project again, it’s blank.

I tried some internal testing by saving the same project to my local disk and everything works as intended for that. We’re just unable to save/open files on our network server. Our workflow requires the files to be accessed by different computers, although not at the same time, so being able to save and reopen D5 projects from a network server is quite important to us.

I remember seeing that this was an issue in the past, but I had thought it would be fixed for 2.0. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, what kind of network server do you use? Is it a 3rd-party NAS? If yes, please let me know the company name. Besides, please make sure you have Write permission on that folder.

We should support network drive in 2.0, so we may need some details for troubleshooting.
Please send me a sample scene file, that is blank due to being saved in the network server.
Also, we need two logs folders:

1. A folder called logs, in the installation directory of D5 2.0
  2. A folder called Saved, in C:/Users/your account/AppData/local/d5_immerse

Please compress and send them to ziyin.zhu@d5techs.com
Thanks in advance!

Hey Oliver,

Thanks for the response! The network server we use is this one here: https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/DS218

It’s located in our office space so we have physical access to it. I also should have write permission as far as I am aware. I’ve sent the project file, the “logs” folder, and the “saved” folder in as a compressed .zip file to the email you’ve provided.

I also have done some additional digging since my last post. It seems any model I upload myself must be “reloaded” every time I open the project (even if I save the model to local.) Models natively included in D5 load in just fine; however, when I reload my custom models, they don’t reload to the same 3D coordinates that they were previously located at.

Additionally, it seems the project only loads in blank if I choose to open the project through the “recent project” tab of the launcher. However, the issues that come with using custom 3D models happen regardless of how I launch the file.

Thanks for the help!

Hello, so if you open the files from a folder directly, or move the file to a local place, will they load with no problem?

Hello, the issues you mentioned meant the 3d models disappeared, or their position changed after reloading? They are two different issues, and about the reloading problem, it is normal behavior that the model goes to its original position.

I have the same issue at my firm. We use Nasuni servers and if i save to them and reopen, everything is missing. Blank file. If i save locally, no sweat.

I open my files from the server through recent, directly, and from the open dialog. Nothing changes; the files are still blank.
My models disappear. I’ve also had it where they aren’t even listed in the IMPORTED tab.
Not trying to hijack this but it sounds like a very similar issue to mine and it’s very difficult to work like this. I am hoping there can be a solution.