Too sharp, unrealistic renders

Hi,
from the very beginning of using the program, I noticed that the renders seem very stiff, hard and look unrealistic, escpecially compared to the visualizations that the company presents in the gallery.

I tried to make render basis on the models that are shown in the D5 base after opening the program. I chose church on the water and make render on the unchanged settings. It looks very different. Especially everything is very sharp and have a hard light.

Please, let me know whether the sharp graphic is due to my graphic card, program version (free or pro) or any settings in D5 Render.

D5 Render: free
Computer: Lenovo Legion 5
My graphic card: GEFORCE RTX 3060 laptop series

Comaprison

Sample of the grass and plants
render2

Thank you for help!

Hi @damiankuna9 !
Did you turn off Auto Exposure? If not, please turn off this option and check the results.

Besides, graphics cards will only affect the rendering speed, not the rendering quality.
Some reflections may not be accurate in Preview mode, so you can try rendering an image and check the results.

Yes, I tried change Exposure and those results are not in auto mode.
The attached pictures are rendered, it’s not a preview mode.

First, graphics cards will only affect the rendering speed, not the rendering quality.
Second, the cover image of the scene is from D5 version 1.8 or 1.9. Since that version, the GI algorithm was modified, so there may be differences between the image you rendered and the cover image.
Third, here you can see there are some white boxes.

This is because you do not update the models in the scene. When you open the scene, there will be a notification asking if you want to update the models, please choose update.

1 Like

And i guess, on the visualisations presented in the gallery, there are post production work on it?.. :wink:

Some do post-production and some do not. You can check their workflow. :blush: