Sun Rays or God Light

When are we going to get sun rays or “God Light” back in rendering for 2.8?

Hi there, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this bug. We are fully aware of the importance of this feature and are actively working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, here are some temporary solutions for rendering the Tyndall Effect (Volume Light, Fog):

1. You can temporarily roll back to D5 Render 2.7 Version. Here is the download link for version 2.7.1: Download link for 2.7.1
  2. Another option is to post-process the rendered images in another software that allows you to add Volumetric Light. You can use the screenshot of the preview screen as a reference.

I understand the inconvenience this has caused and I sincerely apologize. Please rest assured that our team is working diligently to resolve this issue. Your understanding and support mean a lot. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks Clovis. I know about the 2.7 workaround. It’s not work related so it’s not critical. Just messing around and experimenting with things. I look forward to a solution.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your understanding!

Hi there, you might want to check out this post Volumetric light issue in d5 render - #7 by maslu , Please let me know if the Tyndall effect or God Light is showing after you rendered the image.

I’d have to experiment with that.