Suggestions of landscape plant

Flora from the Oceania part of the world.

1 Like

Thank you for advice!

Quercus virginiana (southern Live oak)

Dwarf palmetto plant (sabal minor)

Pinus Taeda (Loblolly pine)

These trees and plants are super common in the southeastern portion of the United States. We would like to have them for our renderings to get more accurate views.

1 Like

We absolutely need Australian eucalyptus trees.

They are everywhere here!

Absolutely loving D5 by the way! Keep up the great work we have 3 Pro licenses already and will get more soon

1 Like

Thank you very much, if you can tell us more about the plants in your region, it helps.

Got it, thanks for the support!

I made this list a little while back for the trees, plants , flowers from the southeastern portion of United States that we tend to use in our projects. Any help with getting some of these that are not already in the D5 library would definitely improve our renders

Trees:

1. Bay magnolia
  2. Magonila (grandiflora)
  3. Southern pine
  4. Cypress
  5. Savannah holly
  6. Sable palm
  7. Live oak
  8. River birch
  9. Red bud
  10. Crape myrtle

Shrubs:

1. Wax myrtle
  2. Azalea
  3. Sasanqua camellia
  4. Boxwood
  5. Indian hawthorn
  6. Pittisporum
  7. Lorapetalum
  8. Podocarpus
  9. Italian cypress
  10. Ligustrum
  11. Cleyera
  12. Rug juniper

Flowering plants / groundcovers

1. Asiatic jasmine
  2. Wood fern
  3. Agapanthus lily
  4. Aztec grass
  5. Liriope
  6. Muhley grass
  7. Louisiana iris
  8. Aspidistra
  9. Daylily
  10. Hydrangea
  11. Impatiens
  12. Salvia
  13. Knockout roses
  14. Caladiums
1 Like

Wow, thank you very very very much, I will write it in the “to make” list

1 Like

Sounds great ! Thank you :grin:

Bismark Palm would complete the Palm set to a large extent.

Thanks for the advice.

1. I think the olive tree versions are not sufficient. To provide a mediterranean landscape you would need many different types of olive trees with huge tree trunks. Currently theres 1 option we can use. Some Variety would feel nice.

2. Grass material should have more grass options. The current grass building parameter just gives a very dark grass. We need some light faded , much more desaturated types of grass. Also would be nice to apply some AO of somekind and some mud tracks - mud patches, areas without grass etc.

Hi mate, Thank you for your advice,

Regarding the olive trees, we are making more types now, please be patient with the update, we will not let our users wait too long.

For the grass, your suggestion is very useful, we have a little update for the grass in the next version, the thing you say may need more time. You can also go to the Ideas & Requests channel to vote for it. Our development team will look at it and decide whether to view it as a priority.

Latest Ideas & Requests topics - D5 RENDER FORUM

I have an additional plant request. We also use this saw palmetto in our projects a lot and would like to put it in renders . The scientific name is Serenoa repens

Thank you for your advice!

1 Like

Just my 2 cents, i realized that in the library the same typology of plant is placed at different places in the bundle. So suppose im using a shrub, there are 4/5 different assets of the same variety but not placed together to know the difference between the two. Either they are a club asset or they are a larger sized asset.

1. If we could simplify the process and have just 1 click in the whole bundle that gives us additional menu sliders for size+cluster+age etc. I know it would reduce the number of planting assets over all but still it would help the designer/architect greatly in the process of planting.
  2. We can have a sub-menus of the existing asset that should show all the additional varieties of the same assets. This helps in not reducing the number of assets overall.

Thanks
Monks

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, I have shared that with our art team.

1 Like

Cactus, please

Already done lol…please wait for the update these days.