Stretched Material

Is there a way to import image/texture with correct aspect ratio? I tried to lock and unlock and stretch of UV before importing but I still get a stretched out image. I had to manually adjust the UV of the image to get the right proportion

I also tried individual and global UV and get the same result. Not sure if I’m just doing something wrong or we just really need to adjust UV manually

Here’s a comparison of actual image and imported image with 1:1 ratio in UV

Hello,
Sorry what program do you use for importing into D5?

Hi @riccardofortelli , I use sketchup for my models, but I import image/texture on D5

I use archicad a little SKP first I think that the same tries to put the image on a background with the exact size of the image but it first tries to export it normally then tries to explode it with the background. I hope you solve it that way

However, with archicad I have no such problem with any texture and map,
because when I put an image or a material on a background I have no problem of scale.
if you see the tutoriol on You Tube maybe it gives you more information on how to put an image on the bottom scale.
Let me know
Greetings Riccardo
PS: sorry for the translation but I do it with an automatic translator
I’m italian :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, it depends on the size of model and image, if you turn on Individual UV and do not modify the Stretch before inserting this image, will it be ok? Or you could send this model and image to support@d5techs.com for further investigation.

Regards,
Oliver

I only know one possibility for sketchup
following steps:

1. Sometimes I edit the picture in Photoshop before.
  2. The image is loaded as material in the sketchup.
  3. The image will be “Texture Position” and stretched to the object
  4. Very important, then “reset position” the picture (otherwise the picture looks crooked in the D5)
  5. Then the picture should be correctly positioned in D5.

(This saves me importing the texture in d5)

I only need the UV mapping for example
for objects round sofa or pillows
see in Youtrube

Maybe someone knows another way.

1 Like

Hi everyone. Thank you all for all the response really appreciate it. I found the solution to this problem. I did a mini experiment, I created two plane in sketchup, plane 1 is a regular plane, plane 2 is a copy of of plane 1 but stretched in. I guess a stretched model in sketchup will make texture in D5 stretched too.

1 Like

Yes sir, the latest version of Su plugin will read UV sets from SU directly.