I’m having problems with spatial tours that are seriously limiting its usefulness for us. Right now we just do pano tours but this requires setting up an entirely different hosting service/pipeline to upload photos to. It would be great if we could keep everything right in D5 by using spatial tours, and it would be great if we could take advnatage of the dollhouse feature.
Problem is, we don’t typically do full color renders till the very end of the design process to keep the client focused on spatial relationships. Normal panorama export works fine for this (clay mode). However for some strange reason, despite having all the views inside a spatial render set with scene settings that show clay mode mode enabled, and despite it working perfectly during the preview, when it comes time to actually render everything D5 forces the output to be in full color mode.
How do I force D5 to keep clay mode enabled when doing spatial tours?
A few other issues I’ve had with spatial tours: I cannot get views to show up on ground mode at all unless line of sight is perfectly clear. This is an issue if any pieces of furniture happen to be in the way or if a door is closed between the rooms, or if the next view is on a different level. I’d love to be able to put guidance POI’s into the tour like you can with pano tours to help navigation around the model. Setting the views to show up on position and instead of on ground “fixes” this problem, but then I have way too many icons visible because there is no way to filter these on a per view basis. On that note, POI’s in general would be extremely helpful. It seems like the functionality is severely limited compared to setting up panoramas in any standard panorama tour utility.