SKP File not synchronizing in D5

Hi,

How do I fix my D5 file because my SKP file is not syncing with it using the skp to d5 plugin converter?

But when i use the reload in d5, it will synchronize but all the layers in skp, including the hidden ones will be activated in d5. So i hassle myself by deleting the components in skp temporarily and then I will put again if needed.

Thank you!

Hi, reloading an skp file will cut the sync connection between SU and D5. Please let us know how does the plugin “not syncing”. The materials won’t sync, or the model’s shape?
Normally it won’t happen, we may need more details to help you narrow down the issue cause.

As far as hidden materials. Just make them invisible. It takes a few seconds.

See this vid. Then add the custom material to local and name invisible.

Hi Oliver.

How do i resync my skp file to the d5 file again?

Sorry if my query was not clear. Let me try to explain…

I have existing file skp and d5 already synced. I edit some things in skp, now I want to render in d5, I will use the plugin D5 Converter - Sync to update the d5 file. Normally, it will update, but all of a sudden, it is not updating - it will load like normal but will not update. Temporary solution I use is go to d5 and select the model and reload inside D5. It will update my model as i want but all other hidden layers are showing.

How can i resync my skp and d5 again like usual? Thank you!

Thank you Allenm.

[quote=“cythsylean, post:4, topic:7172, full:true”]
Hi Oliver.

How do i resync my skp file to the d5 file again?

Sorry if my query was not clear. Let me try to explain…

I have existing file skp and d5 already synced. I edit some things in skp, now I want to render in d5, I will use the plugin D5 Converter - Sync to update the d5 file. Normally, it will update, but all of a sudden, it is not updating - it will load like normal but will not update. Temporary solution I use is go to d5 and select the model and reload inside D5. It will update my model as i want but all other hidden layers are showing.

How can i resync my skp and d5 again like usual? T
I have the same problem

Hi All, please see this.

1. When we click the Start button of the D5-Su plugin in Sketchup, there are two scenarios:
    a. if this model has once sync to D5 and D5 remembers its file location, then Start sync will open that scene file directly.
    b. If not, there will be a pop-up that ask you whether to start a new scene file in D5, or open an existing one.

Since you said you want to resync, I think you should choose “Select File”, then open the scene file you made before.

1. After you open a scene, it will automatically check whether the skp model has once been sync to this scene,
    if yes, it will link it automatically.
    If no, then there is a pop-up: you can choose whether to add this model as a new item, or replace an existing one.

Since you mentioned you want to resync, so the model is already in the D5 scene file, right?
I think you should choose Replace, then replace the existing one:

This is very helpful! Thank you Sir!