Setting intensity of Hdri problem

Hello,
in my previous render software i used a lot hdri from Peter Guthrie, they have a very nice effect for night time renders. The original hdri was too bright but in vray for example i could lower a lot the intensity of the hdri to create the mood i wanted. in D5 i can’t lower so much the intensity of light or the background and the night time scene looks like its daytime. Is there any way to fix this? in future versions you could add options to have intensity of 0.05 or lower? as it is now it goes up to 0.1 and then 0.0.

2 Likes

Do you have Auto Exposure switched on? Try switch it off and lower Exposure.

1 Like

Hi, please turn off auto-exposure and you can adjust the Skylight intensity parameters.
Hope this can help~

And in D5 Render official version 2.2, the intensity can be lowered to 0.01 at most.

thanks for the reply, yes i have already turned auto-exposure off, i have intensity at the lowest value (0.01) but the hdri wants even lower value to look nice. I am trying to control the scene with having exposure lower but it’s not the ideal result.

It would help if the next version you could lower the intensity even lower (0.005 for example)

Yes, thanks for the advice. We will optimize this issue.