Separating geometries to assign materials

When I call my drawing from Sketchup it comes up as a single geometry group. When I want to throw a material, it throws the whole drawing. I can’t just assign material where I want it, it throws it over the entire drawing. How can it be resolved?

I solved ok =) Assign different materials or colours each object in Sketchup then sync with D5 render. If someone need help, can try that. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this~ Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hello.
I would love too see this problem being solved in the next updates as it is very time consuming to assign different materials first in SketchUp and then in D5.

Hi, thank you for the idea, we will find a way to optimize this. Could you let me know your general working procedures?
Because normally when you design a house in SketchUp, you will apply some materials to it, right? You want D5 to recognize those surfaces that do not have materials, or just all surfaces?

If we add a feature to apply random materials in SU, will it be useful or not? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, Oliver. Thank you for you response.
I mainly work on Interior projects, that contain many details. Before I started using D5, I was using V-ray. I liked the way that you can apply and set up materials in V-ray before rendering. As you mentioned, adding a feature that applies random materials to all surfaces in SU will be very useful. Or even better will be having the abillity to apply matterials straight from Asset library of D5 via feature in SU.

2 Likes