Roadmap is here!

Yep! Please, this is the present and future.
also add compatibility Oculus | VR Headsets & Equipment (https://www.oculus.com/)

2 Likes

checking if this is added in the road map

-Virtual reality or 360° imagen
-3d grass

2 Likes

I don’t know if this has been suggested before, but a key feature would be the ability to export a set of textures assigned to the imported model’s materials from one project to another. Many architecture/design firms have big clients for which they do multiple projects using pre-determined finish standards. This means that different projects share the same materials, and one of the important requirements that these companies look for in rendering software is the ability to export textures from one project to another without having to apply them all over again in order to save time and prevent errors. So when textures in D5 are assigned to a specific Revit or Sketchup material (or any other supported software), it would be very useful to have the ability to export the texture set to another project and have it automatically assigned to the same corresponding Revit or Sketchup materials.
For instance:
Project 1 → a wood texture is applied to Sketchup Material 1 → export texture set
Project 2 → import texture set → same wood texture is automatically applied to Sketchup Material 1
Sorry for the long post!

4 Likes

Hello there,

First of all I LOVE D5 its just keeps getting better and better. There are a few things i would love to be added to D5, some i wont repest as it has been mentioned several times by many people, but here are a few ideas i would love to see added:

1a. Particles - Add water, such as rain, running water such as from taps (be can uses for drinks then too), water for waterfalls etc… These can then be used in likes of waterfountains and even rain.

1b. Particle affect - if we use the snow particles or water (if we have this option) could these particles affect the model. For example if we have it raining or snowing, could this then make the ground and surrounding models wet or rain make the trees wet and drip off or snow land on surrounding elements and build up. Could we then control the build up amount.

1. Wind. This would be a huge element being able to control the velocity and affect of the wind, which would create more realistic animations on the likes of foliage and trees. Also could this control the partixle affect i.e rain, snow etc…

2. Saved Brush Sizes - is there a way to save settings for your asset brush sizes. I brushed half of my models floor with grass with certain sizing and flow. However when i saved and went back into the model the next day the size of the brush goes back to default and i struggled to find exact same size again. Also if i do grass as one size brush then brush flowers for example another size if i go back to grass i have to find the exact size again and its frustrating.

3. Timelapse Animation - could we please have the option to do a video animation with a timelapse affect. Similar to other render software, i love this affect.

Thanks for all the hard work, cant wait for the future versions. D5 literally better and better by the day!!

3 Likes

Thank you, a complete system(with clouds and rain and so on)will come soon. For other ideas, I will share them with our product team. By the way, you could post them on https://d5render.featureupvote.com/

Best regards,
Oliver

4 Likes

Support 3d mouse
more waterfalls, water curtains,

2 Likes

no problem, we have been testing 3d mouse, maybe it will be supported in 2.2

1 Like

Good news!!!

Awesome tip Thank you very much

Hello!!
You guys are doing great job with D5, I just love the software.

I Have a request for you.

High quality 3D grass material.
mceclip0

2 Likes

What is wrong with d 5 grass? It’s wonderful.

Thank u, for now we already have 3d grass material, also you could use scatter tools to make grassland.
We have the plan to optimize 3d grass materials in 2.2

4 Likes

Compare the 3D grass from Lumion with that of D5 Render.

I think it would be better to have a fine detail 3D grass material and use the 3D grass object only in necessary cases.

You can check the quality of the Lumion grass below. I’m not saying that the 3D grass from D5 is bad, but it could be better.

Because the 3D grass object that i need to use to get a better realism is to heavy and make the project to slow to work.

4 Likes

A lot improved. Thanks for sharing this.

2 Likes

Tilt shift?? :smiley:

1 Like

1.- Video export as frames (and pause rendering) (jpg or png) (please) Done
2.- Per frame basic animation capabilities (move, rotate, scale)
3.- Sun study and global-real orientation of the models (geolocalization). (Lum has this feature and is one of the ones we use most) Done
4.- Per-face (or triangle) scattering of imported assets. Done
5.- Basic (but accurate) material templates. (Metal, glass, wood, concrete, plastic, water, SSS). Done
6.- Sync with material painting tools (Mixer, Substance painter, etc…)
7.- A way to centralize our assets and models. Done
8.- Pack 'n go export of projects.
9.- MDL and USD support for Nvidia Omniverse (both open source)
10.- Proxy object base rendering. (Yo see a cube in the viewer, but at the time of rendering you see the real model (trees, cars, humans, etc…))
11.- Not raytraced viewer inside D5. You know, i work with pretty big scenes, and the viewer gets laggy. It would be great to have a viewer that’s not constantly rendering, like a “shaded” or “textured” mode. Done
12.- Object hierarchy and grouping. It would be sooooooo nice to have the ability of having the full component-group hierarchy of the models inside D5, and even edit their UV’s. (This is possible within the Studio version of Maxwell Render.) Done
13.- Aaaaaand pleaseee, i have a Oculus Rift, and i truly hate when i open D5 and it calls the Oculus home app. This thing adds a lot of lag to D5, and when it’s disconnected it calls the Steam VR app. This is annoying hahaha Done

Thank you!

Hello, this one is a known issue that we will fix. For now, you can disable the VR feature in Widget preferences, to stop this “annoying” behavior :pensive:

Bentley Microstation direct link

Thank you for this suggestion, we will take it into consideration.