Real Displacement

Yes, now Randomize UV is done, they should focus this Displacement

1 Like

Still Under-review after many years of waiting, sadly perhaps the development team has no way to do it, it may take a long time or never :frowning:

Indeed, it would be nice to get an approximate time estimate on when the displacement will finally be implemented. As for now I guess I will have to use another software.

Because displacement is needed in all my projects, whether it is for ground, soil, roofing, walls…even tree trunks when viewed in close shots. It’s really a huge miss to not have prioritized on this.

D5 render can create really realistic images by using the unreal engine, but the displacement would add so much more realism. Hopefully Oliver or another tech can give us some info on whether it is in the works or not.

3 Likes

See this for a good comparison with Vray:

8 Likes

Thanks for uploading this bpgraven. It perfectly shows the issue with the current D5 displacement which lacks realism and doesn’t use tesselation. Really hope they can see this and put it on the absolute top of the list for the next version ! Developers please hear us. We as pro users are impatiently waiting for this very necessary feature that would make D5 stand out even more and leave far behind all other competition software.

Highest top priorities: real displacement as shown above with tesselation options.
And the long awaited path tracer with anti aliasing definition options and quality outputs.
low, mid, high, ultra high.

8 Likes

Would definitely love to have real displacement added to D5.

insane wow

absoluteley yesss… this is the main feature that D5 team should take seriously…definetly…

This feature should be on the highest list of priorities by the D5 team. It would be the biggest current improvement!

2 Likes

Dont think its coming anytime soon :frowning:

Would love this feature as well.

Hi D5’s Team,
I’ve been using D5 for a while now. And I really think that it’s time to get around with your team and to push the “real displacement” on the top of your priority thing to do.
Since I’m using D5 (around 3 years now), I’m always promoting D5 for it’s super realistic and very intuitive use. But nowadays, how could we realise realistic render without having the possibilities to work with real displacement ?
It’s the hugest lack of this software and unfortunatly, it as been for too long now.
So please, make it your priority asap :pray:

1 Like

To bad…still just under review! I hope they see the importance of real displacement!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’ve been seing the “real displacement” in the under-review category for a very very long time… It has to come true now

2 Likes