Random Crashing with version 2.8 and 2.7

I am getting an unknown failing module according to my event viewer every time I open a D5 file. This all started with the 2.8 update, but now even if I reinstall the 2.7 update the same crash happens. Please help as I urgently need it to work.

zziplog.zip (3.7 MB)

Sorry for this issue. We will check it.

Hello. I checked your logs and noticed that your cpu type is 14900. There may be some stability issues with this cpu type that can cause flashbacks when using D5.
For more detailed info and solutions, you can refer to this post. Does the CPU have a big impact on D5? | User Manual (d5render.com)

but its not like I can change my cpu, is there an update I can download or something?

Hi! You don’t need to change your cpu. You just need to update the bios version or disable CPU overclocking and Turbo Boost by referring to this post.

A BIOS update seems to do the trick, I also reinstalled the game ready drivers with a clean install

It worked, thankyou, it seems to be an incompatibility issue by intel that conflicts with the way D5 uses direct x 12, For some reason the AI enhance feature was working just fine for a bit, and now it stays loading, It doesn’t crash, it just never loads the results, I have tried reinstalls, reloads and saving the model Again.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! Glad that your crashing issue has been solved. For the AI Enhancer problem, it seems to have something to do with network issues. You can check your network speed and network stability.