Quixel megascan surfaces/materials

Can I use downloaded megascan surfaces in d5 render? I can’t seem to import it directly to d5. I tried copying the files from megascan to the material library of the d5 render but I think it can’t read the files. I don’t have the pro version of d5 that’s why I am trying to use megascan files for other more specific materials.

Hello Jleson 1206,
To use megascan plots you need to have an Epic Games account and I think you have.
After downloading any texture, just open one of the D5 materials like Wood, Rock, Flooring. Then replace dave there are the images of the material in the appropriate boxes, normal specular roughness etc … Then adjust the texture according to your needs, and then save it in your personal folder D5, which then once you open the program you will always find in the materials saved, it also works with objects.
I hope I have helped you. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
PS:
I add an example such as replacing the material of a footboard with soil with rock and tree roots

2 Likes

Hello, you can import the textures to a material in D5 Render manually, then add the material to your own local library in D5.

2 Likes