Project Loading Slow... VERY SLOW

This is not an issue that others are not already experiencing however, I have a couple questions about this.

So upon loading my project scene it is taking a very long time despite slowly progressing. I am currently at 25% loading after possibly around 35 minutes. If this takes any longer this program begins going from very attractive and user friendly, to very impractical, unstable, and impossible to use as software. Anyone with clients and a business knows that this kind of performance is not conducive to operating a respectable business.

So my question is what is slowing this down so substantially? My suspicion is that every single asset that gets used in a project gets saved to a file folder specific to the project, and once the project is opened every single asset is re-loaded. However, even if this is true, my computer should be capable of opening all these assets in a matter of minutes so why is this happening? Revit can open a highly complex geometry model of a 200 level building with BIM information of a file approximately 1.5gb in size in a matter of 1-2 minutes… So why can’t D5 Render open a kitchen scene in 40minutes ?

Someone’s assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Some additional information… It took approximately 2hrs for the file to load. Once loaded, after using the software for about 15 minutes it froze so I restarted the program and the file loaded within 5 minutes… Why did the program load in 5minutes but took 2hrs from a fresh computer restart? This is strange. Can anyone provide some information?

2 Likes

I am having similar problems with loading and saving since I updated to 2.5! I really hope they fix this immediately because it’s caused me to not be able to work on my projects at work .

1 Like

Hi mate, are you available now? I will contact you in Discord.

As an update to my previous post, the file which took 2hrs upon fresh computer restart to load has taken only 5 minutes to load as previously noted after the file was loaded the first time after the project was first closed. However, since then D5 had to be closed maybe 4-5 times due to freezing. That being said, my computer is not the highest most modern build, but it is still respectable I believe. (AMD Threadripper 1950x, Nvidia GTX 1080, Gskill Ripjaws V DDR4 16gb X4 (64gb) ram, Samsung 970 EVO plus NVME M.2) So the point of this post is to state for the record that the load times of the project after reloading D5 due to severe freezing lag was only 2 minutes at most . This is very strange to me and I still would like some kind of explanation so I can best tailor my use of D5 in the future. The other thing I want to state is that I believe that a GTX 1080 is enough to operate the program, and render, but it is certainly not a practical GPU to use in a business environment.

Hi mate, Is it also slow for the small scenes? can you show the scene or the size of it? Actually, D5 is a real-time rendering software that requires GPU very much. the minimum GPU requirement is 1060. If the problem is related to the GPU, You can consider updating GPU if you often work on big projects.

You can also refer to the benchmark result for more info about the GPU comparison.
D5 Render

I understand that the software requires heavy GPU processing power, although I find it odd that the RTX 3060 TI is performing faster then the RTX 4090 according to the chart you posted… Can you explain why this is?

And to answer your question about scene size, the scene is not very large it is mostly a kitchen scene. You can see the rendered image I included for your reference.

Hi mate, The RTX 3060ti performs like this in most situations, this statistic is abnormal. Regarding the size, it’s related to the faces in your scene rather than its real size in space. Can you also screenshot the statistic info?

I understand. This makes sense. Thank you for your explanation. Yes, please see the image below for your reference.

Hi mate, as can be seen from the screenshot, the scene contains 26158264 faces which are relatively big, the VRAM has used nearly 96%. You can consider clearing or simplifying the models before importing the model into D5.

Thank you. I do understand my GPU is stunted by the scene complexity. I will consider exploring both options as you suggested.

1 Like

For anyone who might also be interested in upgrading their computer hardware I thought I would share this information. Since this post I have upgraded my GPU to the RTX 4090 Founders Edition and these are the new performance statistics and with an even more complex scene… This proves that D5 really is an amazing software but the better your system the more advantages this software can provide you.

Reference.Image.3