Problems Replacing/Importing files (Glitch and crash)

Hello, I’ve been trying to reload, re-import from local folder, and the software is crashing. I was getting the TDR message and I’ve done the “open as admin”>quit>reboot and the registry changes, and now it just closes.

Also when I try to import the new model from scratch inside the same scene, the entire scene gets a glitch.

Before import:

After import:

So I cannot reload and not even import the new .d5a from ArchiCAD bridge to the same file, how should I proceed? The deadline is tomorrow and we wanted to re-use the materials, lights, etc.

HI,
To solve the problem, at this moment, because the staff is on holiday, you can only do it this way. I would like to understand if there are two archicad files, an old one with the old name and the new one with the changes. If so, then copy the new project and paste it onto the old one. Then try to synchronize it, with the D5 files the first, so you don’t lose both the changes you made previously, i.e. the texture settings, but you have to check the textures on the objects. Try it this way
Sorry for my English

We have one ArchiCAD file, with two versions for d5, one that we worked on and the second one with alterations on the ArchiCAD file, exported to a new .d5a.

What I did was pretty much what you were saying, which is import the new version to the same file, so I could copy the materials, but I’m getting this glitch, everything gets “kinda neon” even with the DLSS off. Also tested a rendering and it results in a glitch image pretty much like inside the software.

I have more than 1TB of free ssd space, a 4070 TI, 32gb memory ram and a Ryzen 9 CPU.

Have you tried from the new Archicad file where you made the changes, because when you synchronize with D5 with the files of the old project to have your scenes and materials, what happens is that it loads the 1st part when you have to load the second you don’t have to click OK but the button on your left, that is, regenerate the project.
See if it loads, given that the files are large it takes a little time, but for the PC you have it should be easy.

Could you illustrate that with screenshots? I don’t get what you mean with regenerating the project.

Just for your information, we are not loading straight from ArchiCAD, we are exporting it from there as a .d5a file and importing inside D5 render.

Sorry, you’re not using the export via the D5 plugin for Archicad, so which Archicad do you use? you can find the Plugin here

We are using the ArchiCAD 26 and exporting from there

You asked me how to do it, explaining it with images.
I opened a D5 file called ‘THAW ROOF SHED’

Then open the archicad file ‘which I have not made any changes’

I made the changes, I put two women in costumes and I renamed the file to ‘THAW ROOF SHUT_1’
From the D5 plugin I start the synchronization when the first phase has been loaded from Archicad. To load the second phase you have to go to D5 of the open file and it will ask you to select the old work

select it and click on the ‘Replace’ button so the modified project will load and you will also have the settings of the old one. that is, a merger.

But D5 renames it with the new name, that of modified Archicad

I use the 24, and I have no problems with the D5 plugin, perhaps the explanation I showed you just now will help you, but know that some colleagues have had problems with synchronization with the 26 with current plugins. I haven’t updated it and it doesn’t cause any problems, everything works for me.
I hope the problem is resolved :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

halo,i see that you said above that the current model was imported into D5 after exporting the .d5a via the plugin.
Can you try syncing the model to D5 using the plugin and see if it still flickers?
Also, please send us a log so we can quickly pinpoint the cause. D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

If you have the AC file and D5 scene handy, can you send it to us to take a look?

The attempts didn’t work. Re-importing with same name, reload with a different name, bridge from ArchiCAD natively, etc. We’ve been having those problems lately with D5 (importing/reloading), never happened before til maybe 2 months ago. But sure, I can upload those files whenever I get back at the office.