Problems material glass - windows

I have a problem with the glass material, any solution?

Hi! Please try the following methods and then check the results.

1. You can turn off Super Sampling and then render it again, which should help reduce the noise.
  2. You can try rendering the video sequence, then check the result. Regarding the video sequence, you can turn on Advanced Video Rendering widget, then render them and generate a video with them.

I ran into the same issue, for now use basic glass not normal glass.

What basic glass please? I see that there is only Normal Glass in D5 Assets. The basic glass you use will not have the reflection issue right?

@aluther @solunanegocios
Is the model having noises a .skp file imported into D5? Do you use the plugin to synchronize the model or import the .skp file directly? If you use the plugin, please check if the plugin you use the latest one. Because the previous one will cause this issue and we fixed it in the latest one. You can download the latest plugin on our website: https://www.d5render.com/download.
Besides, if the glass is single-sided, you can also turn on the thickness option, which will correct the reflection.

if you type basic glass into the search bar you will see it, it’s in the list of D5 base materials like basic bump or carpaint. And yes it’s from using the converter most likely as this has been happening since a couple of the latest converter updates. Turning on thickness when the issue above happens does not fix it.

Hi, upgrade your SketchUp plugin to the latest version 0.7.2, then sync again the model file from SketchUp to D5, will the problem get resolved?

yes, I’ve been running with .7.2 and it still persist, only basic glass functions like glass not normal glass.

Hi aluther, thanks for the update. To confirm, what materials did you use for that part of model in SU? SketchUp’s glass material?
If possible, please send a sample file (D5 scene file which contains the wrong glass effect) to support@d5techs.com for further troubleshooting.

I can’t send sample files for privacy reasons but a trial with a fresh new small file and using the same sketchup material doesn’t have the reflection issue. It may just start to happen with larger more complex models.