Pathtracing Option

Is it possible to have path tracing as an additional option to the quality level? Smooth,Precise,“Pathtracing”

Right now the GI and contact shadows of D5 is behind Twinmotion Pathtracer

#arman.nasre

Heu… il faut surtout savoir s’en servir… Je ne suis pas sûr que D5 soit derrière… bien au contraire !

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions,

Now the path tracing is already under development and will be released in the later versions, we will provide more quality-level options for our users.

9 Likes

So, will pathtracing be present in the pro or normal version? I hope it’s available in the normal version

1 Like

Could you indicate if the pathtracing will be present in the next update ? Version 2.6

2 Likes

I’m a D5 user and I downloaded twinmotion to test. I can confirm that Path Tracer and Lumen really left the D5 behind in terms of quality. I hope the D5 team can catch up soon!

It’s true, d5 render is being left behind, becoming the ray tracing engine with the worst quality among current software (vantage, twinmotion, ue5 all produce better light quality) please don’t run into it, “The race to become more brilliant in a cartoon way like lumion”, path tracer is extremely important for realistic high end projects.

Hi, I was wondering if there is any update on this.

Hello. Please update on this. Eagerly waiting for an update on this topic. As 2.6 is out but there wasn’t any update regarding quality issue. Would request you to please give some update on this .

2 Likes

some times some of my scenes will have PT on their side indicating Path Tracing, but there is no option to turn it on or off. it’s completely Random. very Weird.

just bumping in here to add that i also think this is a key crucial feature to add . everything else has advanced immensely in d5 over the updates , but this is still missing. thank you !

3 Likes

Yes if path tracer comes it will be game changer

Agreed. Hoping this is still in development. Interior renders work really well with their GI solution and ray tracing, but I would prefer to have the option to increase the overall quality.

I’m holding out for this because I love D5, really and truly, but my exterior scenes particularly suffer from the “cartoonishness” that I know everyone here has suffered from.

2 Likes

Still waiting for an update from the D5 team. Hopefully someone from the team will reply soon on this.

1 Like

Definitely agree! We need pathtracing so the exterior renders look just as realistic as the interiors

1 Like

I’ve switched recently to D5, but as a pro user, I’m still waiting very eagerly for the pathtracing to be added. I’ve run into situation where I had to render rooms with multiple mirrors, and the current raytracing engine was not able to deliver, as it’s unable to show the reflection of a reflection, resulting in ugly black surface wherever a mirror was reflected. A pathtracer is able to deal with such complex scenario, so, please, just use UE5 one, which is already there and a robust tool !

1 Like

I believe that D5 can do minimum 2 reflections, but not in live view. That ugly black surface will show the correct reflection when you render. The live view only does 1 bounce of reflection, but after rendering I know that it at least does 2 bounces.