Opal texture - white transparent

Hi all - Can anyone help understand -
I’m trying to get an opal/white opac transparent material. I am struggling to get the white to run through the material. i’ve downloaded the frosted material from online assets as a starting point - if i lower the transparency D5 takes it to black - as you see I’m working with no sun light its a studio set up just spots and rectangluar lights plus emissive materials - my base material is white

if i do the same creating from scratch a transparent material - the same happens.

theres something here I’m not understanding!?

As far as I know this is not possible right now with the engine.
It will be improved in next version. We all have the same problem
with the transparency channel and colouring.

Thank you! I won’t waste time on that then.
Keep up the great work !! :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

HELLO CMEED
I SOLVED IT SIMPLY BY PUTTING A WHITE PICTURE AND PLAYING WITH THE TRANSPARENCY, BUT I DID IT A LONG TIME AGO.
WITH AN OLD VERSION D5 THAT I DON’T REMEMBER WHICH IT IS, I GIVE YOU THE IMAGE THAT I HAVE ALSO POSED ON THE FORUM,

TELL ME IF THIS IS THE EFFECT YOU WANT. LET ME KNOW :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll let you know ….
Looks like there’s no reflection - due to it being an earlier version maybe?

You might wanna try to play around cloth / transparency / foliage, depend on what you are trying to achieve. Here are some trials I did

Cloth test

I’ll test Foliage next - yours looks good

Foliage have good contact with lighting but unfortunately is not transparent I think