Noisy image in orthographic mode and section

Hello, i’m new with the program and i have an issue that can’t find any solution to. Tried to play with all settings and nothing seem to work. I’m trying to render a section that i want to see in orthographic mode. In perspective everything looks fine but when i switch to ortho mode the picture becomes really noisy. Any ideas what causes that?

I don’t think you can render that way, that’s why it’s noisy. what I do is, using Perspective with FOV of 2, then you just have to adjust your camera as best as you can. the camera has to be very far, so you will need A LOT of Camera clipping. or simply use section tools, that’ll work as well. the results are quite good this way.

1 Like

I have actually rendered using the ortho view. It does look splotchy in preview mode but it will render out normal. Not sure why the preview on the screen always looks splotchy in ortho view preview .

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for this issue. It is a known issue, we will fix it in the future. For this moment, to achieve the top view effect, I suggest you can adjust the FOV to 2, and this can help you achieve a similar effect.

1 Like