Noise in render

Hello,
most probably stupid newbie question, but I’ve somehow broken something and D5 create this noise in render:

Many thanks Jiri

1 Like

Hi, it seems that the Normal and Roughness parameter are too high for those materials, maybe you could try adjusting them lower? Besides, does it look the same in preview mode?

Regards,
Oliver

Hello Oliver,
many thanks for reply!

That materials are from D5 renderer - no change for them when applied (wood, porcelain, wall)

Preview is ok.

Many thanks Jiri

Hi Jiri,

Please send the scene file( the whole folder) to ziyin.zhu@d5techs.com, we would like to collect the file for further testing. From the image, it seems a driver issue, but as you mentioned before, you are using the latest Nvidia driver, right? please share the folder with us, and we will keep it confidential.

Br,
Oliver

Had a similar case 5 minutes ago rendered in 4K grainy everywhere. Testing in 2K now.

In 2K the render is OK. I do not know why in 4K noise appears.

Hello,
mail with project (Onedrive link) was sent.

I’m using latest 466.47 drivers.

Many thanks Jiri

Hi, could you send the scene file to support@d5techs.com? Please compress the whole folder which contains the .drs file.

Thanks,
Oliver

Hello Oliver,
sent mail with onedrive link (project too big for mail attachment)

Another info - after D5 render restart those scenes were ok.

Many thanks Jiri

Ok Jiri, please check the email I replied to you. For no reason, we cannot download the OneDrive file you uploaded, I think it is a Onedrive server issue. Besides, you mean now the noise is gone and you can render photos as normal?

Thanks for you support.

Unfortunately I cannot replicate the noise again. I do not remember the position of the camera or the settings.
I rendered a couple of cameras in 4K and they came correct.

If you think it would be usefull to send you the file I can upload it without problem.

Yes, thank you. We want the file to do some tests, and find the issue cause although it is gone now. Please compress the whole folder and send it to ziyin.zhu@d5techs.com( with a sharing link)

Thanks,
Oliver

I already had this issue as well, and from what I’ve noticed it’s when you have some tool activated (like the paint brush for example) and then click the Render tab without closing that tool first. This is what caused my renders to be with a lot of noise like yours.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this be the solution because I’ve just read this article

NVIDIA Real-Time Denoisers

The NVIDIA Real-Time Denoisers (NRD) are a spatio-temporal API agnostic denoising library that’s designed to work with low ray per pixel signals. It uses input signals and environmental conditions to deliver results comparable to ground truth images.

maybe this is not the solution or having logic but i have also noticed and tested that closing every tool and render with the same exactly parameters and one tool not closed, the noise is definitely reduced