Newbie questions

Hello everyone, I am a newbie in this topic. I recently want to get started with film and television special effects. Simply put, it refers to the virtual or enhanced processing of images, scenes, characters, etc. in film and television works through computer technology and digital content production tools, thereby creating Produce realistic visual effects.

Usually when watching a crew filming a movie, if they need to scan some props, stars, etc., they have to ask a 3D scanning company to use equipment to scan them, or use a camera to shoot them, and get a good model through photogrammetry. The mapping accuracy is very high, but it is inconvenient, cannot be formed in real time, and requires many processes.
Recently, I bought a MIRACO 3D scanner on the recommendation of a colleague. It can basically meet my daily needs. It is currently in the research stage and I will share it after I have used it for a while.

However, the scanned model data can only be used as a reference, so further editing and optimization are required in D5 Render. But as mentioned above, I am a novice, so I need help with some questions. If you have any good suggestions, I will be very grateful.

1D5 Render supports imported data formats
2. The rendering of special effects is a relatively time-consuming process. How to improve rendering efficiency by adjusting settings and optimizing the rendering process?
3. Skills in using special effects software to add and adjust special effects and animation effects
4. It would be great if there is a tutorial video
If there are any points that I haven’t thought of, everyone is welcome to discuss and share~

Hello! Thank you so much for your interest in D5.

1. You can refer to this table to know what formats can be supported by D5.

2. Regarding the time-consuming issue, you can open the SR. You can also decide the resolution of the images and videos you want to render, depending on your needs. The lower the resolution, the shorter the time required for rendering.

3. For various types of tutorials, I suggest you have a look at the tutorials on our official Youtube channel. D5 Render - YouTube
    Of course, I believe there are many of our users who have created some very useful tutorials. You can do a search on Youtube. And you are also very welcome to join our Discord and facebook community.

1 Like

helpful, thank you~

1 Like