My model and all saved assets disappeared after Software Update

Hello,
I downloaded D5 render in January, and it was a wonderful discovery. However, I have received many update requests recently and haven’t had the time to do it. Today, I decided to let it update for an hour hoping that it would speed up the process after the update was complete because I have a HUGE submission tomorrow and will need to get the renders done EXTREMELY fast. I had 26 scenes saved in the materials and settings I needed. After the update, I could no longer open the file due to “compatibility issues”, although my laptop passed the benchmark results. Storage was “standard”, which shouldn’t be a problem; my drive still has plenty of space. I went through the D5 forums until I found someone that posted a link to D5 2.4.5 to download. So I went ahead and did that, and the software finally opened but when I clicked on my saved file it opened with no model, and no saved scenes; just empty. I tried to open my Sketchup file and live-sync it from there so it would refresh, but that also did not work. I received a pop-up saying that “the current version of D5 render does not support the Livesync plugin, please upgrade to version 2.5 or above”. The upgrade in itself caused the problem in the first place. I do not know how to fix this problem and am very short on time. Can someone help me please?

Hello

Sorry for the issue.
what version of D5 were you using before? Is 2.7 not working due to compatibility? How did the benchmarks show up when you opened 2.7? What is your current driver version?

I honestly do not know what version I was using before (I didn’t know I had to keep track of them incase something like this happened). I am currently trying to figure that out so I can go back to it :frowning:

These is my benchmark results:

I did not take a screenshot of the pop-up that appeared right after the update but under the benchmark results (that all seem to be fine), it said that the software cannot open due to compatibility issues.

Hello, your current graphic card version is too low to run D5 2.7. You need to upgrade your graphics driver and you can check here How to view and upgrade graphics card driver? | User Manual

Thank you for your assistance. Is it possible to reverse the update or uninstall everything I have now and download an older or the oldest version of D5 compatible with Sketchup Live Sync instead? I will resort to the graphics card upgrade if I must but I’d rather not jump automatically to that. Graphic updates are known to cause lags and system crashes. Unless if you know otherwise, please inform me.

These are my device specs:

I really appreciate your help. Thank you!

Hello

I suppose you don’t need to worry about lag after upgrading your graphics card driver.
In your case, you had better install a graphic card driver at least above 31.0.15.3114 if you do not want to upgrade it to the latest version. You are using windows 11. The system version and the driver version need to match in order for the D5 to run properly.

Btw, not upgrading the ‘graphics card’, just upgrading the ‘graphics cards driver’ as I shared above. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll do as per your advice and let you know how that goes!

Hello again, Ryan!
I managed to install the original version I had earlier (version 2.5.2), which finally opens my project, but gives me a pop-up at start-up saying that I created the project in a newer version which is odd.

I updated the Live-Sync from version 1.01 to 1.02 and it works fine, thankfully. Although my project opened, all my saved setting (lights, materials, models,…etc.) and and my saved scenes do not appear. Instead there is a list of camera views, only 4 of which are from my saved scenes, and the rest are random and repetitive. See image for reference. Is there any way I can retrieve my saved settings?