Model coordinates

When I import a model I always put at 0,0,0. Is that the best location? It seems as though using hdris can be a bit challenging as you are very close to the background. …At least it seems that way. Comments or thoughts appreciated.

Hello, to make models fit with the background more, we have to change the relative position(you can enter the coordinates value manually)
If you think the model is too close to HDRI, try adjusting its X or Y -axis value bigger? It depends on the angle and distance.

How does one adjust the x and y axis of the model? I didn’t realize it was moveable. I believe that’s why my HDRI is so blurry. My model is much too close to the HDRI. I think this is the issue so many people are having. We use a custom HDRI and D5 zooms in so close to it that it’s blurry.

Hello, a model can be moved if it is unlocked:
Edit - User Manual (d5render.com)
We have received your email and will keep you updated, thanks!

Thank you. It took me awhile to realize the image is blurry because my model is too close to the HDRI! So I unlocked the model, grouped it with the various assets I’d loaded and then moved everything far way from the HDRI or so I thought. Then I locked the model and zoomed back into it. Much to my surprise it would seem that the HDRI follows the model.
I guess the only way around this is to make planes that the background is affixed to. I hope the D5 team can develop a better solution in the long term.

1 Like

Ok, no problem, thank you for your feedbacks and our product team will take them into consideration. It will help us a lot if you recommend us to your friends, also, welcome to write a review for us on g2 platform:
https://www.g2.com/products/d5-render/reviews#reviews

I’m still testing D5 so I’m not ready to recommend it yet. I’m bothered by the inability to adjust the size/distance to the HDRI. It’s blurry because my model is so close to it and that’s fine for some renders but other times the background needs to be crystal clear and set a certain distance from it. I work for a mid size architecture firm. One coworker is promoting Unreal Engine, another coworker says Enscape is right for the firm and I told them I’d be testing D5.