Materials not displaying correctly

Hello,

Im new to D5 render and have encountered some issues. The texture and heightmap of a material frequently dont show up correctly, instead the textures appear very blurry and in some cases simply as a plain colour. The materials displayed correctly in my first render attempts, as can be seen in image 1. When I used this same brick texture later in image 2, it doesnt appear like it should at all (grey floor). It seems relatively random as to when it displays the texture correctly, because it some cases it works as it should, in others (brick floor or the wooden planks in the facade) it doesnt at all. Changing the scale did not solve this as far as I could tell, the blurriness remained.

Would appreciate any help, thanks.

image 1

image 2

no ideas? :confused:

Hi mate, to confirm, this problem happens to only the displacement material template, or all templates? Recently we found that the UV may be not correct when syncing solid color materials from SketchUp, so if you use D5 Converter for SU to import this model, please install this new beta version which fixed that problem.
D5 Converter for SketchUp beta 0.8.4 - Workflow / SketchUp - D5 RENDER FORUM

If it is not the case, please let us know. D5’s displacement material is visual effect, not changing the model, so it may look abnormal with some special height map and angles.

Hi, thanks for the response.

I just tried it again: when I used the “displacement” material template the brick texture indeed showed up as it was supposed to. I hadnt used that one because I couldnt change the texture scale with that template. Still I fixed the problem for my purposes since then by using “custom” template and enabling triplanar. Although as I understand there are only a couple textures with triplanar option so the problem still remains for future models. I am using 3DS max btw.