Light switch on-off

When turning off a light with a light switch on a clip, there is an intermediate progress from light to dark, even though the on and off keyframes are in a row.

I would like the switch off to go dark without intermediate steps, to be immediate.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Interesting! i don’t think the current version of the software allows this control, i would like to be able to animate the intensity of the light emission so that i can vary the brightness during an animation.

Hello. Is there any reference video for the effect you want?

I send 2 videos to the support email with what happens, and what I would like to happen.

I take this post to ask another question, in version 2.6 no moving object generated ghost effect.

That now happens to me, I attach an example.

Thanks again

Thanks for your videos. We will check them.

Hello. Regarding the ghosting effect, is it convenient to ask the resolution and fps you are currently using to render the video? You can try with different parameters than before and see if you still have the same problem.

Always in 4k 60fps, in 2.6 and 2.7, never happened before.

I tried 30, 60 and 120 fps and the same thing happens.

Thanks

I managed to achieve a dimmablie light effect!
It’s not perfect but I think it’s acceptable.
And you, what do you think?

Happy to have your feedback

Hi! Thanks for reply.
We are working on fixing the ghost effect. If it is convenient, you can send your scene file to us for check. This may better help us solving the problem.

Best regards

Hello. May I ask how you managed to achieve the dimmable lighting effect?

I’m not sure if D5 has made any progress in adding a gradient light function; I brought this up a long time ago, and it didn’t exist back then. I’m revisiting the issue now by trying to place a moving mask in front of the spotlight to let the light emerge gradually. But the result isn’t really convincing. I could also scale the mask down to zero, but the outcome would be the same, and the process overly complicated.
Do you have any updates on this?

The solution I used in this animation doesn’t allow the light to come up slowly enough. I just get a soft, gradual turn-on effect, but that’s not exactly what I’m looking for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uERBp9hhQaA

Hi @julienfischel

I apologize but there haven’t been major developments regarding a native tool for smooth light transitions just yet.

Currently the only workaround to achieve this effect is:

  • Using a keyframe: Although this does not stimulate a slower transition of the lights being turned on or off
  • Multiple lights setup: This was the same technique that the user @Cad3D.Expert has applied in the video recording they shared.

By setting up multiple light sources at the same location with programmed sequential activation, you can achieve a smooth dimming effect. Each light activates or deactivates at specific keyframes, creating a gradual transition that mimics real dimmable lights.