Incorrect FOV/Focal lengh

When I cycle through cameras the incorrect FOV/Focal Length is displayed but if I toggle to Perspective then back to the view it shows correctly…

Incorrect view

Correct View

1 Like

Yes, I have also experienced this. Is this a bug?

It happens always after 2 point perceptive mode

Agreed, there are 2 issues going on with the new perspective implementation that we have noticed. We have also noticed that adjusting from the top right camera settings has less issues.

First is anytime you adjust the FOV, while in 2 point perspective, the center point of the camera shifts and is no longer the center of the screen.

Second is the above issue.

Not sure what the fix is in this case but it is extremely annoying to have to keep jumping in and out of perspective and 2 point to get the views working.

Hi mate, we have an update of the two-point perspective algorithm. you can open it in the “Preference” and try again.

As it said, The current project file contains a legacy two-point perspective view from D5Render 2.3 and older versions. Turning this option off will enable the new two-point perspective algorithm, which is more accurate but not compatible with the old composition, and you may need to readjust the composition of the old scene/clips.
Please note that this option will disappear from the Preferences Ul when you turn it off and save the project file.

Dingtalk_20230606134817

Bruce.W sorry I should have mentioned that the project was started from scratch in the latest version. 2.4.3.

Hi guys, @npatel @jtubb @hussein.hamed,

We have tested it in our own D5 but cannot create the situation you met.

If possible, can you record this situation by sending us the videos?
support@d5techs.com

Bruce.

Appreciate the assistance with this! Just sent the above email a short video showing the issue in my most recent project.

I have had it show up in a few projects so far unfortunately.

thanks again.

1 Like

Hi, mate, we have watched the video you uploaded and understood your problem, but we still cannot repro that situation on our devices. If possible, can you send us the model for troubleshooting? thank you for your patience. support@d5techs.com