I have to re download Materials & Assets after new update 2.4

Hello D5,

I recently updated to version 2.4 but realized that i have to re download online assets & material which in previous versions comes in straight with out re downloading again. ive confirm the presence of the previous versions downloaded files in my hard drive but have to download again. This re-downloading after a new update slows my workflow drastically especially with slow internet.

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience, version 2.4 optimizes the access mechanism of the Asset Library, so it is necessary to re-download the assert of the Asset Library.

Located in the US. Having issue downloading material assets, it seems they are deleted once downloaded. The model asset works OK though. Recently found that Demo scenes get deleted the same way as materials. I am working on a company PC and the same problem applies to other computers across the office. I have checked with our IT supplier for solution including checking all anti-virus or firewall interference, the problem stays nonetheless. Wondering if anyone has encountered a similar condition and knows how to fix? Much appreciated

I suspect that the downloaded file was cleaned up by the cleanup tool, or not downloaded successfully. As you said, the material was lost after downloading, not after downloading and using it a few times and then seeing it again after a few days, it should not be downloaded successfully (anti-virus software or network problems)

1. Please check whether the material was deleted immediately after downloading and cannot be used at all, or whether it can be used after downloading and then somehow deleted after a while and has to be downloaded again.

2. What anti-virus software do you use, and whether you use third-party software to clean up your files regularly?

3. Please send us the log files for troubleshooting. support@d5techs.com

How to collect logs:
D5 Support Tool - Get Help / Tech Support - D5 RENDER FORUM

Hi. Thanks for the reply, is there a way to batch download all the asset library to be use offline?

Hi mate, we consider many times whether to add this function. Since our assets library updates so fast and contains many types. If you download all of them, the size of the workspace may be too big for your device. Thank you for your advice.

1 Like

Hello,
Okay thats understanable .Thank you for this information i really appreciate. We are very greatful and happy for your support and giving us the best tool to do our everyday work with. Best Regards.

1 Like