I check the d5 folder its 70 gb property

Hi D5 Team, it is normal that the D5 program folder is owned almost 70GB. There is the possibility of removing some temporary files that the program produces. Could you tell me if I can do this cleaning, where to go, in which folder, and if it affects the data of my projects?

Thanks!

1 Like

Good morning D5 Team, is it possible to have an answer to this problem, Iā€™m not asking for much, just an answer, how to empty temporary files, which occupy the D5 folder and which have no way of damaging both the D5 program and the D5 work files, because Itā€™s not normal for the D5 program folder to have the size that I didnā€™t have before. I am not an IT technician, so I donā€™t understand the architectural system of how D5 works, otherwise, making comparisons with other programs, I donā€™t understand why that specific folder of the D5 program which would only be used to run the program, which then works with connection network, it is then said in itself when you save a job on D5, it creates the folders of that particular job, with backup of the job you are carrying out, not only do I create the job files but other folders with texture references and camera images. All this, with an increase in GB that fills up the hard disk, which takes away some of the capacity and power of my laptop.
Now the D5 program has been created this way, and it is difficult to change the type of programming architecture and system. You have improved it a lot in a short time, and you have been fantastic, but when you improve the program with new functions, speed and quality of the product you offer, make sure that the user, who knows, that this program runs in this way, with a certain power and characteristics, which you have already informed, I donā€™t just mean this, but also that the PCs and laptops of these many users that you have listened to in the D5 family, explain why after a period of program functionality, it ensures that the memory increases, that the frequencies is the GPUs, with different graphics cards, and different PCs have highs and lows, but not a constant. Maybe because it depends on the type of breadth of the graphic work we do, or on the different graphics programs we use, which we then synchronize, or on the connection capacity between the user and the parent company D5, and then etc. etcā€¦ ā€¦
These are questions that I ask myself, but I have few answers, the same questions that the users of this family ask, and in my small wealth of experience I try to help them when they are in difficulty overcoming the obstacle. I also had some praise from the D5 Team, they are fantastic guys, they give it their all, they give their all to help us professionals.
So, all things considered, we give priority to improving the programā€™s system and how it runs, perhaps this is what creates many problems for us users
To create something extraordinary, or beautiful, functional or satisfying, you must always start by looking backwards to walk forwards and into the future.
It makes me think a little of Steve Jobs
Come on guys, do what you can, GO COURAGE
And sorry for my English. Thank you

1 Like

I totally agree with riccardofortelli,
your software is evolving very quickly and very well, congratulations to the whole team, your GI engine is exceptional.
But rather than new features it may now be time to focus on stability and usability.
Every day I wonder if I will be able to finish my work with D5. (Files which sometimes take an interminable time to open, sometimes difficulties loading the library unless no modifications in the network have been made, assets which appear without textures when I reopen a file which was correct at the saving time , the completely counterintuitive scene/camera system etcā€¦) all these little problems do not really make you confident in daily professional use.
cheers
ps/ my D5 workspace weighs more than 75 GB today and its size increases with each use.

1 Like

Hello, as a layman of this subject, but from a bit of experience, in the D5 folder of the program there is a folder called d5_immerse, I check the properties and there is a folder which in turn is called Content, I look inside it and I notice that in turn there is a sceneimage folder, that is, there are images of old works that I have done and it is 4.35GB in size and they are images in PNG format then another folder next to it called thumbnailimage of 3GB also in PNG of the year 2021, old things, Now Iā€™m wondering if I can delete them so I can free up space and one in total is more than 7GB.
I continue my exploration, there is a huge folder called ā€˜contentā€™, visiting inside there are various folders of objects that I have used and also those that I have created are put in the personal library, then of material that I have used but also marked with my heart, so every time I open it, without wasting time I know where to go. This also applies to objects. So I assume that I cannot do something about this mentioned folder because it is fundamental, and I have noticed that when one uses the materials that he has downloaded or created with AI he always creates reference folders. So all things considered, I think this ā€˜contentā€™ folder canā€™t be touched. BUT IN THE FUTURE WITH NEW WORKS IT TENDS TO INCREASE.
So, in conclusion, we must make sure to clean, remove and carefully store the completed works, in a very large server, I have an external hard disk in which you catalog the works with names and dates, not only other different things that fill our PC.
I gave myself an answer to my question, but looking closely, there can be an improvement in this system, without affecting the program. But all those image files saved by D5 both in those folders where you work on them are also in the program, because they donā€™t find an organizational system that you do the operation only once and create a point with a name and surname, which when you reuse that object or that type of material in graphics, you synchronize it, that point is automatically loaded. It would be much simpler, not only would it no longer create other files. I launched it this way, I donā€™t know if they understood me, but I always speak as a layman on this subject, they are the artists of this program, and they know if it can be done or it canā€™t be done, I hope so.

hi all,
i have used unreal engine, in that workflow they dont have option to remove unused assets. but there is plugin called cleanup which do that work.
in adobe premier there is menu to remove unused.
in d5 they should implement clean up unused by default, when we save file after removing some loaded assets, it should be reflect on folder size of project.
logically what ever asset we use from d5 itself should be loaded from d5 workspace folder, so project folder should keep only imported entities.

Hi, this idea you talked about is a fair proposal, but I donā€™t know if itā€™s feasible in D5. In exploring the D5 folder in the Programs, which we users have installed, I realized that in our work, every time we open a new work D5, what we have done in the past that can be useful to us in the future, such as furnishing objects or materials with the heart acronym at the top, are stored in the (CONTENT) folder creating MB, this I think cannot be eliminated. Even the libraries that you create and store them on the personal D5 library. What I proposed, since the program works with the connection, every time we open it, with the objects with the materials with the HDRIs with many other things, I wonder why they donā€™t do the same thing with what I mentioned before? Since it doesnā€™t take up memory on our PC, perhaps it would be such a large amount of data for them too to keep between users and be connected to D5. So they found this kind of system. Then there is another proposal. But because the work files that we produce form many folders, one I can understand, the self-saving one, the others one in particular the references of the textures, which the program automatically forms each time with a long series of code names. I donā€™t understand this, but I know thereā€™s a reason why. So I suggest if they create a single folder that is in the D5 program that they made in CONTENT with the names that we created in the graphics programs, in Archicad they are called SURFACES, I create these and save them in the program, every time I need the Iā€™ll get it knowing the reference, so every time you donā€™t create folders for each job, taking up space on the PC. But it would connect to a single folder to a single material, ā€˜created by you in the graphics programā€™ with its first name, ā€˜also D5 when we open it from that name to
material, not with those crazy codes, which you can never find anythingā€™, mine is a proposal to make sure, and I say it here again, to streamline both the way of working but also to have a good organization in the management of the program, this is not just me saying this but many users.
However, thanks for your intervention, it is good to talk about it and to present many ideas, also because we are making a contribution to D5.

there is a option called clear data in file menu, but i am not sure about that function as clean up.
please let me know if anyone know.

1 Like

Hi, again, if there is this function can you post me an image where I can look for it in D5, Thanks

let me know is it work as clean up project or not.

Never used it, maybe my English is bad, I use my intuition on this program, so I asked you where it is. But to get information quickly we need to open the D5 manual. Maybe it explains what he does

try on ur any project but take backup before.

Before doing so, Iā€™ll look at the manual

That command in the manual tells me to Clear Data:

parameters according to the actual geographic data of your own project in order to get accurate ā€¦ Time: Enter parameter as needed. Date: Enter parameter as needed. Latitude ā€¦ sun brightness information to produce a clear and realistic shadow. That is, meet the

Mon, 2 May, 2022 at 1:20 PM

So clicking what it is, it gives me this page

So itā€™s not about deleting data but about ambient lighting settings, including HDRI. So I just have to check it out on my own skin, Iā€™ll let you know.

When I click delete data you get this message

I did it, and saved it with another name, it happened that the new folder is less MB, I donā€™t know what has changed, to me it seems like the same job, but a little lighter, that is, it is a simple file of 17 MB which then with data deletion and saving again it became 16MB

I say goodbye now. because here in Italy it is 1.30pm Sunday lunch time, :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

i am working on interior project, this time i used clear data and u can se major difference in folder size.
this is actual project size
this is after clear data used.
almost cut down to half size.

1 Like

Sorry for my late reply. The ā€œclear dataā€ feature may be a good chooese you can try. We will also try to improve this issue in the future.

1 Like